40 Gallon Tank My 4 new mollies and looking for advice

AquaRain

I just brought these lovely new mollies and 3 female betta who love to hide home, i would love for some advice as I'm a beginner, also the male with white and orange spots seems to chase the gray female, is there any thoughts to why he is doing this? For some reason it won't let me attach video so I'll do photos instead, they are very pretty mollies and would hope to have babies in the future!
Edit: im not sure why my white female molly has a bigger belly than the others, is it possible that she may have been pregnant when i got her today?
You must be registered to see images

Livebearer08

I just brought these lovely new mollies and 3 betta who love to hide home, i would love for some advice as I'm a beginner, also the male with white and orange spots seems to chase the gray female, is there any thoughts to why he is doing this? For some reason it won't let me attach video so I'll do photos instead, they are very pretty mollies and would hope to have babies in the future!
Edit: im not sure why my white female molly has a bigger belly than the others, is it possible that she may have been pregnant when i got her today?
As for your mollies, the one is pregnant and the rest look very skinny. Feed them well twice a day and they will all become healthy. The male chasing the female(s) is normal breeding behavior. I would get a couple more females so that your existing one(s) don’t get harassed to death by your males. As for the bettas being kept together, this is a huge no. If your keeping multiple bettas together, they need to all be females and you need to have at least 5. One of yours has a chomp out of the back of its tail. One betta is okay as long as it doesn’t bully the molies. Three is unacceptable.

kansas

You'll have fry before long.

FoldedCheese

Just to add on to what Livebearer08 said about your betta sorority, they don't always work and need to be specially set up with plenty of plants to break line of sight and places to hide. You'll need to closely monitor them for bullying too. Female bettas can be just as aggressive as males depending on their personality. Also, 2 of your bettas already have stress stripes which isn't a good sign. The last one in particular looks like she may be getting bullied. Keep an eye on them and you may end up having to return or rehome the most aggressive ones. Good luck.

AquaRain

As for your mollies, the one is pregnant and the rest look very skinny. Feed them well twice a day and they will all become healthy. The male chasing the female(s) is normal breeding behavior. I would get a couple more females so that your existing one(s) don’t get harassed to death by your males. As for the bettas being kept together, this is a huge no. If your keeping multiple bettas together, they need to all be females and you need to have at least 5. One of yours has a chomp out of the back of its tail. One betta is okay as long as it doesn’t bully the molies. Three is unacceptable.
Yea, the one with the chomped tail was bullied by a red tail shark in petstock, im going to get another female, the ones i have currently are all rescued females
Just to add on to what Livebearer08 said about your betta sorority, they don't always work and need to be specially set up with plenty of plants to break line of sight and places to hide. You'll need to closely monitor them for bullying too. Female bettas can be just as aggressive as males depending on their personality. Also, 2 of your bettas already have stress stripes which isn't a good sign. The last one in particular looks like she may be getting bullied. Keep an eye on them and you may end up having to return or rehome the most aggressive ones. Good luck.
Ok, yea i have noticed stress stripes too, I'll make sure to keep an close eye on them
We will get 2 more females once we can afford them
I rescued them all from petstock the other day, so im gonna try to help them as best as i can
I just brought 2 others home

AquaRain

So since there are bettas in the tank we have to feed the mollies and bettas betta pellets in the evening and flakes in the afternoon, do you think thats ok, i had argument about this and came here to see if thats ok

Similar Aquarium Threads

• marilynharlow
  • Molly
Replies
Views
marilynharlow
  • Question
  • FishboiOscar
  • Molly
Replies
Views
emeraldking