My 39 Gallon Fully Planted | Page 2

Discussion in 'Fish Addict' started by Fish Addict, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Speedy

SpeedyWell Known MemberMember

I'm sorry you lost your kuhli but it looks like you got everything back on track. About the snail if it is an apple snail then it is really up to you. Some people like them and some don't. But some snails are way more trouble then there worth they can really get out of control and cause problems as well as making your tank tacky looking. I didn't see the snail in the picture I couldn't find it maybe I'm just blind so I'm unsure on the snail type you have and that could make a difference on which way I would go. ;)

2. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Fish AddictWell Known MemberMember

I think it may be a ramshorn. Are they fine?
    I actually used to have an apple snail that laid eggs, but none hatched, so I'm guessing its not from that... But I'd love to have a snail again!

3. Speedy

There are several different kinds of ramshorn snails so it depends. Instead of asking you to put up another picture so I can make sure what kind it is because I couldn't see it clearly in the photo. I will just give you a link that might determine which ramshorn snail you have then if you would like my opinion I will surely be happy to share it with you. I hope this helps. Good luck. ;)

4. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Hmm... it's a bit too small to be able to tell which one it is... oh well...

5. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

I'm back, but there isn't much news...
    I've suddenly realized how much my java moss has grown, so I may try to trim it out and possibly sell it. Another weird thing about it is that my "kribs" have made a little space in it that they spend their time in it, which I think is funny...

Due to my swords and Apongeton not doing great, I'm trying out Flourish Root Tabs. I've used one for them and I'm also trying one out near my Red Crypts and Bulb...

6. Matt

MattWell Known MemberMember

Great Tank:)

-Matt:;th

7. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Thanks

8. mikey079

mikey079New MemberMember

nice setup, and that angel looks like a male to me

9. yash

yashNew MemberMember

It Is Awesome ! ! !

10. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Thanks a lot!
    and it does? how can you tell?

11. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Well its about time for my next post.
    Well the tank has been doing well, I've started dosing Flourish Excel every day, and I think that has been helpful, because I have started to notice less and less of the staghorn algae! Also, thanks to this and the root tabs, my lillies are growing huge!
    Today, I just did a water change and tried to clean up the tank as much as possible. I never realized how much hornwort was still left! Now the tank looks a little empty, so I'm hoping that the ferts should help it to fill up some more.
    Unfortunately, there was some bad news for the tank. A few days ago, my larger angel bullied my other angel to death. I'm not exactly sure why, but we will miss the angel a lot. I will attach the most recent pictures of him too.

Okay, so thats it, thanks for reading!

Attached Files:

12. Speedy

Ahhh I'm sorry to hear about your angel! :( Your plants look good. Don't you hate algae that stuff gets on my nerves.I finally just bought me an algae eater because I couldn't keep it gone. Anyway enjoyed the new pictures. See ya.

13. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

I haven't had much time to post, due to school ending, but finally I'm done. Just one piece of news.
    I went to my fish club meeting this thursday, and was lucky enough to get 3 bandit cories, which I'm very happy about. I got a few pictures, but they've been so active, swimming all around my tank.

Attached Files:

14. Amanda

AmandaFishlore VIPMember

Awesome looking tank & fish!! I've been wanting to plant my 55 gal. but I don't think the lighting is good enough.

15. Speedy

I love your new cories!!! They are so cute! ;)

16. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Okay, back to the tank for another post, not much has happened, I tried to do a water change and suck up the poo from the gravel, which didn't turn out too well. My java moss has grown so much that it all got caught in the siphon, pulling some off and pulling all of the moss on the piece of driftwood off. I have also noticed my tank getting a little cloudy, I don't know why, but the fish don't care so I'm fine.

Also, now, since I'm done getting my 2nd fish tank ready (you can read the other thread for that), I am thinking about trying DIY Co2, a member of my fish club has been very helpful, and I think I can probably do it. I am going to try to start that as soon as my dad lets me.

Well, that's about it. Bye!

17. MissMTS

MissMTSFishlore VIPMember

I don't know how I missed this thread before, but your tank is gorgeous! Please continue to keep us posted. I love watching tanks progress :)