My 39 Gallon Fully Planted

Discussion in 'Fish Addict' started by Fish Addict, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Fish Addict

Fish AddictWell Known MemberMember

:;banana1:;banana1 Yay!! This is the first post of my BRAND NEW BLOG!!!:;rocker:;rocker

Okay, so this is pretty much on my 39 Gallon Freshwater Tank. Here's the basic info: Right now in it I have:

Invertebrates: None that I know of...

Plants: Anubias (Coffeeolia & Nana), Wisteria, Cryptocryne (Red, Green, & Retrospiralis *I think...*), Java Moss, Sword Plants (Pygmy Chain, Amazon, & Ozelot) Bacopa, Dwarf Lily, Algae/Moss Ball, Corkscrew Valisneria, a bit of Ludwigia Repens, and some leftover Hornwort & Water Sprite

Fish: 4 Tuxedo Platies (2 Parents, 2 Babies named Dummy and Dummy Jr. *long story*), 2 Bristlenose Plecos, 2 Gold Leopard Longfin Angels, 8 Black Neon Tetras (another funny story), 2 Albino Corydoras, 6 Black Kuhli Loaches, 1 Zebra Danio (He's the lone survivor of 6 and I don't have the heart to give him away), and 2 Kribs/ Pevlicachromis Taeniatus (Okay they're really not, but they're close enough)

I will try to use this to chronicle the changes, etc. of my tank. Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  2. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Here are the most recent pictures of my tank, which I took yesterday, as well as one of one of my kribs which I am starting to really like...

Attached Files:

3. Shmoe

ShmoeNew MemberMember

Very nice. I like the mix of plants, driftwood, and rock. All of your fish look happy about the layout.

Is that an Angel in pic two with the long trailing dorsal fin?

4. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Thanks, and yeah it is... Here's a better picture of him/her...

Attached Files:

5. Mike

MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

Very nice, great pics too.

6. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Thanks a lot!

7. bettafish2816

bettafish2816Fishlore VIPMember

looks great :) i love the angels!

8. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Thanks!

9. pinkfloydpuffer

pinkfloydpufferFishlore VIPMember

Wow, nice tank!

10. midnightwolf

midnightwolfWell Known MemberMember

georgus angles. great tank.

11. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Well, its been almost two weeks since I last posted.. The tnak has stayed pretty much the same, though the chain sword just keeps growing more and more, there are maybe about 20 plantlets that have come off of it, all of which are quite big...

Oh! I also forgot to add, I have noticed that both of my plecos now have lots of noticable bristles... Hopefully they will get huge! From the pictures I've seen they look really cool with them.

I have noticed, though, my female Krib hasn't been looking as colorful, and its been hiding in my wisteria. Any ideas why?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  12. MaddieLynn

MaddieLynnWell Known MemberMember

I would rather like to hear that long story...

13. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

which story?

14. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Yay! I just looked and my Female Krib has returned to her usual deep purple! Whatever happened is fixed, and she's back to normal!

15. Speedy

SpeedyWell Known MemberMember

Nice looking tank and I love the super veil tail angelfish very nice indeed.:;th

16. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Beautiful!:;perfect

17. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Thank you very much!

18. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Well, time for a new post..
    I must start with the bad news. Its my spring break and so I have been gone for most of the week. I got back to find that my water level was down quite a bit, and one of my kuhli loaches unfortunately passed away. I just finished doing a big water change and the tank is full and looking great.
    Now for the good news.. The green crypts which hadn't been doing great have had all their leaves fall off, and now they're are back, green and growing again!
    Also, I have noticed I have at least one brown snail, who I am starting to like. It is small, only about half an inch in diameter, and has a look like an apple or ramshorn snail. Should I get rid of it or keep it?
    So that is pretty much it, I'm including some pictures of the crypt, snail, and just general tank.
    K, thanks for reading!

Attached Files:

19. midnightwolf

midnightwolfWell Known MemberMember

im sorry to hear about your kuhli loache but the tank looks great and thats a pritty cute snail you got there :;a1

20. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

haha thanks