My 39 Gallon Fully Planted

Fish Addict

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
:;banana1:;banana1 Yay!! This is the first post of my BRAND NEW BLOG!!!

Okay, so this is pretty much on my 39 Gallon Freshwater Tank. Here's the basic info: Right now in it I have:

Invertebrates: None that I know of...

Plants: Anubias (Coffeeolia & Nana), Wisteria, Cryptocryne (Red, Green, & Retrospiralis *I think...*), Java Moss, Sword Plants (Pygmy Chain, Amazon, & Ozelot) Bacopa, Dwarf Lily, Algae/Moss Ball, Corkscrew Valisneria, a bit of Ludwigia Repens, and some leftover Hornwort & Water Sprite

Fish: 4 Tuxedo Platies (2 Parents, 2 Babies named Dummy and Dummy Jr. *long story*), 2 Bristlenose Plecos, 2 Gold Leopard Longfin Angels, 8 Black Neon Tetras (another funny story), 2 Albino Corydoras, 6 Black KuhlI Loaches, 1 Zebra Danio (He's the lone survivor of 6 and I don't have the heart to give him away), and 2 Kribs/ Pevlicachromis Taeniatus (Okay they're really not, but they're close enough)

I will try to use this to chronicle the changes, etc. of my tank. Thanks for reading!

Here are the most recent pictures of my tank, which I took yesterday, as well as one of one of my kribs which I am starting to really like...

OP
Fish Addict

Fish Addict

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks, and yeah it is... Here's a better picture of him/her...

Mike

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very nice, great pics too.

OP
Fish Addict

Fish Addict

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well, its been almost two weeks since I last posted.. The tnak has stayed pretty much the same, though the chain sword just keeps growing more and more, there are maybe about 20 plantlets that have come off of it, all of which are quite big...

Oh! I also forgot to add, I have noticed that both of my plecos now have lots of noticeable bristles... Hopefully they will get huge! From the pictures I've seen they look really cool with them.

I have noticed, though, my female Krib hasn't been looking as colorful, and its been hiding in my wisteria. Any ideas why?

OP
Fish Addict

Fish Addict

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
which story?

Yay! I just looked and my Female Krib has returned to her usual deep purple! Whatever happened is fixed, and she's back to normal!

Speedy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice looking tank and I love the super veil tail angelfish very nice indeed.

OP
Fish Addict

Fish Addict

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thank you very much!

Well, time for a new post..
I must start with the bad news. Its my spring break and so I have been gone for most of the week. I got back to find that my water level was down quite a bit, and one of my kuhlI loaches unfortunately passed away. I just finished doing a big water change and the tank is full and looking great.
Now for the good news.. The green crypts which hadn't been doing great have had all their leaves fall off, and now they're are back, green and growing again!
Also, I have noticed I have at least one brown snail, who I am starting to like. It is small, only about half an inch in diameter, and has a look like an apple or ramshorn snail. Should I get rid of it or keep it?
So that is pretty much it, I'm including some pictures of the crypt, snail, and just general tank.
K, thanks for reading!

midnightwolf

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm sorry to hear about your kuhlI loache but the tank looks great and that's a pritty cute snail you got there

Speedy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm sorry you lost your kuhlI but it looks like you got everything back on track. About the snail if it is an apple snail then it is really up to you. Some people like them and some don't. But some snails are way more trouble then there worth they can really get out of control and cause problems as well as making your tank tacky looking. I didn't see the snail in the picture I couldn't find it maybe I'm just blind so I'm unsure on the snail type you have and that could make a difference on which way I would go.

OP
Fish Addict

Fish Addict

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I think it may be a ramshorn. Are they fine?
I actually used to have an apple snail that laid eggs, but none hatched, so I'm guessing its not from that... But I'd love to have a snail again!

Speedy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fish Addict said:
I think it may be a ramshorn. Are they fine?
I actually used to have an apple snail that laid eggs, but none hatched, so I'm guessing its not from that... But I'd love to have a snail again!
There are several different kinds of ramshorn snails so it depends. Instead of asking you to put up another picture so I can make sure what kind it is because I couldn't see it clearly in the photo. I will just give you a link that might determine which ramshorn snail you have then if you would like my opinion I will surely be happy to share it with you. I hope this helps. Good luck.

New Threads