My 37

Discussion in 'Photos' started by NinjaTetra, Aug 3, 2015.

1. NinjaTetraWell Known MemberMember

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438642895.789997.jpg
    My 37 gallon in its full glory, the whole two year project (from the time I bought the tank at least.) I filled it a year and four-ish months ago, replanted a couple times, and finally got my plants to stay alive. The lfs I got my fish from has given me better quality fish than petsmart, so the troubles I once had with ich were never even started. I have a variety of crypts, swords, and anubias, and its stocked with a clown pleco, 8 black neon tetras, a bolivian ram, and 3 marbled hatchetfish. I will probably add more hatchetfish and a fee otocinclus at some point. The on-tank filter along with a sponge filter made for a 50+ gallon tank keeps the water conditions great. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438643230.924824.jpg
    More pics later. I'd love to see sone of everyone else's success storys.

~ <-----thats one of those cool squiggly lines you do before a signature.

2. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

It looks wonderful! :D

3. kidster9700Well Known MemberMember

May I ask where you found your 37? I haven't really seen any even online that aren't completely over the top $$$$$$$$ expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. NinjaTetraWell Known MemberMember

Petsmart. It was on sale, I'm not sure for how much, but in the range of just over 100 bucks I think. I was able to buy it myself, so it shouldn't have been much more than that. I really like it, me and my dad built a custom stand for it. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438663468.512241.jpg

5. newtanksyndromeValued MemberMember

I have the same tank :) i got the kit for $100 at petsmart.

Sent from iPad app

6. newtanksyndromeValued MemberMember

Could you post more pics? And why is yours not filled up?

Sent from iPad app

7. NinjaTetraWell Known MemberMember

It evaporates super fast and I refill when I do weekly or every-other-weekly water changes. I'm due for one in the next couple days, I'll show more pics after I clean it.

~

8. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Beautiful tank!

9. NinjaTetraWell Known MemberMember

Thanks Anders247. I tried and was super nitpicky about exact placements of everything... Exceptfor that floating anubias. My pleco has this thing for tearing up cotton string, so I can't get it to anchor, and my gourami likes having a floating plany anyways.

10. kidster9700Well Known MemberMember

My cotton string ended up giving out before my Anubis formed good roots anyways so you aren't really missing out.

11. NinjaTetraWell Known MemberMember

Well, I got two other anubias to form roots, but on the second my pleco realized he could tear string, so anything new is out of the question. :)
    Its not a big issue, just sort of an interesting comment.

12. kidster9700Well Known MemberMember

How long did it take them to get good roots? I want to try again, but I think I need to put a bit more effort in. Like trimming the roots to promote growth maybe.

13. TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

You could use fishing line? The pleco shouldn't be able to break that.

14. NinjaTetraWell Known MemberMember

Nah its not really an issue

15. newtanksyndromeValued MemberMember

I have all my anubias in the gravel, and have never used the string+rock method.

Sent from iPad app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice