My 30 Gallon I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PerryPirates12

Reaction score
i just got a 30 gal w/ a whistper power filter.  the filter is for a 20-40 gallon but my dwarf gourami got stuch to the side of it were the water intake is and died.  I only had him for a day or 2 :'( :'( :'(  I have 3 tiger barbs cuz there cool 1ns named chubby cuz he ats everything and i also have a dwarf gourami.  What should i get now   some advice 

simpleton

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tiger Barbs are very cool. I used to have some. I have a couple of Rosy Barbs that have been around for over 2 years. I'd look at getting a couple of Cory Cats. They're cool and fit in nicely in a community tank. You want to avoid any slow moving fish with long fins as the Barbs are fin nippers and will torment anything slow moving. Danios are also a good selection.

Toddnbecka

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most likely the gourami was dead before it got stuck to the filter intake.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Toddnbecka said:
Most likely the gourami was dead before it got stuck to the filter intake.
Yea, the gourami would have enough strength to get away from the intake normally. The barbs might have got him. Do you still have a gourami now? If so, try to give him lots of hiding/resting spots or exchange him for corys or danios.

AngelSta

Reaction score
I've had a fish that was dying and kind of curled himself up around the filter water intake thingy. Most likely because they can rest there without being moved around with the current. :'(

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Have you cycled your tank?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom