my 3 year olds daughters fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by delovely_1, Mar 30, 2006.

1. delovely_1New MemberMember

Hey this is my 3 year old daughters tank she got when she was two :) i do most of the work :) she have 5 fancy glod fish all together and one alge eater. Wacthing the fish swim about made me want to start my own so know I'm on my way to having my very own:)

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Attached Files:

2. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

No offense but it looks like you have some problems with that tank. I don't want to discourage you from the hobby but that looks like a common pleco to me and they get a mimum of a foot big. Can you tell us a little about your tank, size of fish, how many gallons, temperature, what type of filteration. Besides that nice tank and WELCOME to fishlore

Austin

3. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

yeah and plecos are tropical and goldfish are coldwater...but hey welcome to Fishlore!!!!!

4. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

I love goldlfish..if they didn't produce so much waste I would get a tank full of them

5. delovely_1New MemberMember

really i didn't know that about pelco my filter came with my tank i'm pretty sure it a power filter its not great which is why i got the pleco the person at the fish store told that would be the one to get and the tank is a 10 gallan tank  ??? help what should I do with the pleco? it seems to be doing fine in the water. If you are refering to my green water i realize I have had an algea bloom i am doing the 25% water changes daily and doing a lights off system right now i think i was giving them to much light& food which resulted in the algea bloom. If that is not what you are refering to plz elaborate :)

6. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Hate to tell you but also, 5 full grown goldfish would probably need a 60 gallon tank...
    About the pleco, you will probably have to give him back to your lfs.
    Nice pics! :)

7. delovely_1New MemberMember

what an lfs?

8. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

Local Fish Store ;)

9. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

O you beat me to it :'(. Yes a common pleco which is what looks like you have get a mimum of 12" sometimes bigger, and most goldfish get quite large also. I would suggest getting a larger tank or getting rid of the goldfish and getting tropical since for a goldfish that really isn't a large enought tank. Don't panic though this isn't an emergency we all can help you just don't go rushing off and getting more or giving away fish.

Austin

10. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

hee hee :p :p

11. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

12 inches is a low estimate for a Common Pleco...they can get like 18 inches. :eek:

12. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

They CAN but usually they don't and stay more around 12"

13. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Whatever but that's still way too big for a 10 gallon. :-\

14. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

you could get a betta instead ;)

15. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Yup I guess everybody has different opionions on things like Marc thinks bio-wheels are for show and I like them. It's normal for people to have different opionions if fact its good.

AUstin

16. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

That's what I really hate about irresponsible fish stores: they know plecos get big and yet they'll talk you into buying a pleco, even if they know you're getting a small tank. They're so ridiculous, greedy (for money) sellers. How are inexperienced beginners supposed to know all that about plecos? And then, most plecos end up dying. Great, isn't it?

17. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Ya and most lfs's just keep stocking them and selling them the greedy people. ONly reason they stay in busness is that there are so many people buying fish and all the stores do that pratically and you have no chose but to support them for the more expierence fishkeepers. Best thing to do is the younger generation of us who are still in HS to try and get jobs there and warn people. I'm going to make info signs for tons of fish and give them to my lfs and ask them to put them by the tanks so people know how big these fish can get.

Austin

18. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

GREAT IDEA AUSTIN :) You should definitely do that!

19. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Yes, awesome idea! I might try that once I can get a job.

NO, Bettas are tropical fish not coldwater! Their minimum temp is 76-78*F. And anyway the Goldfish would probably nip him to pieces.

20. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

I ment instead of the goldfish

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice