My 3 tanks - Pictures

Earthling84
Hey all. Got some pictures of my 3 tanks you might all be interested in seeing.

here they are.

55gallon brackish tank -

40gallon freshwater tank -

20gallon amphibian tank

I'll try to upload pics to my profile in this forum too, haven't looked into that yet.

Charmaine
Hey Earthling.
Your tanks look really great. Don't stingrays do better with sand? Just curious.

goggles
yeah you should get substrate in the 40g.

pinky93
They are very interesting tanks.I love them!

Earthling84
Yes, as for sand. I was thinking I should get some. I read up about stingrays before purchasing and read they like the sand, but some people prefer to keep them in bare glass tanks as it makes them easier to see/more visible. He probably would like a little sand though so he can hide under it, that would be pretty cool to watch him shake up the sand and disappear

Thanks for the kind comments about my tank/pictures

Charmaine
Yes, as for sand. I was thinking I should get some. I read up about stingrays before purchasing and read they like the sand, but some people prefer to keep them in bare glass tanks as it makes them easier to see/more visible. He probably would like a little sand though so he can hide under it, that would be pretty cool to watch him shake up the sand and disappear

Thanks for the kind comments about my tank/pictures

One thing to remember when keeping any kind of fish, is that no matter how beutiful they are and how much you want to show them off to the world, you must make their tank decor as close to their natural habitat as possible. That can only be benificial to your fish and you will keep them happy that way and they will probably live longer. Your tank must always go according to what your fish needs, for eg.. like your Stingray, he needs something to hide in as they are very shy and the sand makes them feel safe. You must have a little something in your tank for each fish.

Angela_96
One thing to remember when keeping any kind of fish, is that no matter how beutiful they are and how much you want to show them off to the world, you must make their tank decor as close to their natural habitat as possible. That can only be benificial to your fish and you will keep them happy that way and they will probably live longer. Your tank must always go according to what your fish needs, for eg.. like your Stingray, he needs something to hide in as they are very shy and the sand makes them feel safe. You must have a little something in your tank for each fish.

I completly aggree!!
Not only that but the substrate is a good place for benifical bacteria to grow in your tank. I love the Freshwater stingrays, they are soo cool!

Charmaine
Yes they are totaly cool. I want to get myself one, but I will have to wait until after I have moved.

Earthling84
I agree with the previos posts that they should be kept as they would live in nature. And as I said I might, I did go buy some sand. I decided to add some, but not make it very thick. It is in the tank now, I'll get some pics up soon.

I made it very thin, maybe 1/8th inch, he is able to flap and get it all on top of him. His disk gets fully covered, but his body buldge and eyes stay out so I can see him. he has a white sandy dust over his whole body though.

Charmaine
I agree with the previos posts that they should be kept as they would live in nature. And as I said I might, I did go buy some sand. I decided to add some, but not make it very thick. It is in the tank now, I'll get some pics up soon.

I made it very thin, maybe 1/8th inch, he is able to flap and get it all on top of him. His disk gets fully covered, but his body buldge and eyes stay out so I can see him. he has a white sandy dust over his whole body though.

That's great. Can't wait to see your new pics. Your ray must be really happy now.

Earthling84
couple new pics

I took a couple pictures of the tank now with sand and stingray in sand.

Charmaine
That looks great and your ray looks more comfy now. Well done!!

Devon
Wow, that stingray is so nifty!! I am so envious! Hehe.

Very cool tanks, thanks for the photos.

COBettaCouple
cool tanks.

Earthling84

au01st
Wow! Those are awesome looking! If you don't mind my asking, how hard is the stingray to care for and what do you feed him? That is definitely something I would be interested in the future (darn MTS). I love the saltwater tank too. They are very unusual tanks and very interesting, definitely not the common setup (FW-tetras, angels, guppies, mollies, etc and SW-clownfish and tang with crabs). I'm envious.

Barbrella
Completely agree with Charmaine.

Those stingrays grow to about 14" in diameter and need huge tanks. It's also best to have all equipment outside the tank, since they can and do give very painful venomous stings!

Also, the heater should be outside the tank or covered since stingrays get badly burned with just one touch on a heater.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
formyprincess
Replies
Views
jenmur
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Top Bottom