My 3 New Favorite Colors

KSo

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It’s been at these levels for three days now, dare I say we have a cycle?

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks good! Yellow, aqua, orange! for a couple days now I would say your good!

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you are adding fish do it very slowly not all at once!

OP
KSo

KSo

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Dunk2 said:
Fish in or fishless cycle? If fishless, when will you add fish?
We did a fish in cycle - 36g, Stability and Prime dosings for the first week, Stability only for an additional week, with Prime for top offs and after WC. We want to keep a school of zebra danios, so started with 5 and now will be adding 3 more this week.
I’m also doing a fish less with Stability and ghost feeding for a 3.5g betta tank, we don’t talk about that lol, it’s moving slowly.

StarGirl15 said:
If you are adding fish do it very slowly not all at once!
Agree. We are going to up our 5 zebra danios to 8, and maybe try our hand at shrimp since they don’t add too heavily to the bioload. We have a rough idea of what we want to stock the tank with, but we only trust one lfs for fish, so we are limited to their stock for now. Also with QT, we are ok with moving ahead slowly - we can research good community tank mates for our danios in the mean time. We would like a chill but active tank, so any suggestions are welcome!

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
With Danios its anything but chill......lol My Choprae zip all over at the speed of light.

OP
KSo

KSo

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Haha chill in that no one is attacking each other, we like the zipping around!

Dunk2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
StarGirl15 said:
With Danios its anything but chill......lol My Choprae zip all over at the speed of light.
Danios are cool, but they make me nervous. . . They never slow down! :woot:

OP
KSo

KSo

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Since these 5 are alone in the tank, they’re are living! I’m hoping with 8, they’ll keep to themselves once I start adding more species. Thinking about julii’s, dwarf gouramis and galaxy rasboras. But I change my mind every week!

Dunk2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Be careful with dwarf Gourami. Limit stock to 1 male and be aware that they’re prone to health problems.

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine are with a bunch of variety and don't really bother anyone.

OP
KSo

KSo

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Dunk2 said:
Be careful with dwarf Gourami. Limit stock to 1 male and be aware that they’re prone to health problems.
☝☝ And there is why I keep going back and forth with stocking lol The thought of fish diseases and medications shouldn’t bother me as a nurse, but I work with humans! Any other ideas for a decent sized “center piece” fish? I like angels but know I could only do one and run the risk of other stocking issues given the tank size. Decisions, decisions.

Dunk2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
KSo said:
☝☝ And there is why I keep going back and forth with stocking lol The thought of fish diseases and medications shouldn’t bother me as a nurse, but I work with humans! Any other ideas for a decent sized “center piece” fish? I like angels but know I could only do one and run the risk of other stocking issues given the tank size. Decisions, decisions.
The problem with DGs is that there’s no cure or treatment for dwarf gouramI iridovirus. It’s a shame because they’re great fish but are often plagued with the disease within 6 months or so.

Viral Diseases of Aquarium Fishes

Dunk2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
KSo said:
Not to change the subject, but are you dealing with COVID19 as a nurse?

CoryBoi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a trio of pearl gouramI in my 36! I love them! I also have neon rosy barbs which are like danios, in the fact that they never slow down.

OP
KSo

KSo

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Dunk2 said:
Not to change the subject, but are you dealing with COVID19 as a nurse?
Yes and no, I work in the ICU at a small city hospital. We have had COVID positive patients in the hospital but so far they have been managed on the designated COVID floor. As the numbers increase here in Mass, I know we will start getting the sickest of the patients, but our hospital system has a specialized COVID hospital, so we will likely stabilize and transport them there. Of course this can also change in a second. We have had rule outs, so we treated as if they were positive so far. It’s been a busy, scary time for sure!

New Threads