My 3 ft (150 litre) tank

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Re: My 3 ft (30 gal) tank

I love your stand. I like dark wood very much. Great job I don't really know anything about carpentry ... so I had to buy a ready-made stand. Maybe I'll order a custom-made stand for my NEXT tank (whenever that will be ... lol ). As for the tank, it's coming along very nicely The plants look beautiful, green and healthy. Love your loach too! ;D Good luck with the tank.

les

Valued Member
Reaction score
Re: My 3 ft (30 gal) tank

Look at my clown loach - lucky I have read bout these funny fellas and how they like to pretend they are dear or swim upside down etc.

I knew he was playing when I saw him but I SWEAR he has holding his breath and gills were not moving !! lil turd !!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The tank and stand are beautiful. Your sucking cats are chinese algae eaters if you don't know. They grow to about 11". They are great algae cleaners at first but get lazy when they get older.
Tom

les

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I read that that is what they are ! Damm ... it will be many years before they get that big though. I have thought about moving them to a larger tank that belongs to my cousin. That way they can have a better life.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They can be very territorial as well.
Tom

les

Valued Member
Reaction score
He is !!

That's why he is going into the 6 foot tank

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
From my signature you can see I have 2 in my 36 gallon tank. I only got them due to the lack of info from the petstores where I got them from. One is about 2-3" and the other is >2" and the larger chases only the smaller one around and sometimes the other way around for a second or two. They are very energetic and neat to watch when zooming around in circles.
Tom

les

Valued Member
Reaction score
That's where I read it .. I saw it in your sig and thought .. "leaving at 3" " ?? wonder why

SO I read up on it a little and yup, they are CAE's and are territorial and get extremely large, after a few years though ...

I might SELL it back to the shop that I bought it from. THe large ones sell for AUD45 !!!! AUD4.50 for one when they are small ...

More pics - this is about a month after setting it all up. Have done some landscaping and got got some more plants. NOW no more sticking my hand in the tank.. they are getting worse for wear !!

Enjoy ...

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You have a beautiful aquarium!

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
I really like how planted that is. That is really cool

les

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, but I have to admit I got my inspiration from all the photos from this site !! So thank YOU !

Need more fish. Tank looks quite empty still ...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom