My 2nd 55 gallon

Haydeno

So I’ve only had an aquarium in general for like 10 months but I got a 2nd 55 gallon for pea puffers and I want a nice sized group of them. They’re nowhere near as mean as people say and I’ve had absolutely no aggression problems with them. They actually prefer to stay in little groups even though theres 8 in a 4 foot tank. Anyways I wanted a tank with a little more structure but still my own idea. The first picture is my first aquarium with 2 half banded spiny eels, 3 dwarf gouramis(1 male 2 female), 3 German black rams(one disappeared on me one day) and 2 German blue rams. I want to redo the tank in the future with a similar style and same fish just rearrange and fill in the plants a little differently. Anyways the second picture is the start of my pea puffer tank. I used an aqua soil for the first time (fluval stratum) and capped with just a little sand in one part mainly for natural color. All the plants are from the 15 gallon pea puffer tank I took down. I was thinking about leaving the tank like that and making it a black water tank for a more simplistic setup but I already ordered more plants for my other setup plan. I’m filling out the left side with a Java fern mother pot and might try sticking the leaves through the fake driftwood. If that doesn’t work I’ll just take the fake driftwood out and it’ll be all Java fern lol. Then maybe a little more bucephalandra or mini bolbitis on the side of the rock pile and I’m definitely going to try filling in the top of it with cryptocoryne pink flamingo. On the right side I’ll reposition the driftwood for more space after it completely sinks and plant a few things on and in the middle of it. Then for the rest of the right side I’ll use a few plants like nesaea pedicellata golden (for the different but pretty yellow leaves), ludwigia natans super red and ludwigia peruensis. All will grow different length and have different colors for a really nice color pop that will fill in space. If it turns out right the bright red from the ludwigia natans super red mixed with yellow from the nesaea and dark red from ludwigia peruensis will be stunning. Let me know any suggestions or your own favorite tank ideas

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 14

awilkinson871

You can glue the java fern to the fake driftwood with flourish glue or gel super glue. The puffer tank will be awesome once everything is in and grown.

Upvote 0

Nattykwb1

So I’ve only had an aquarium in general for like 10 months but I got a 2nd 55 gallon for pea puffers and I want a nice sized group of them. They’re nowhere near as mean as people say and I’ve had absolutely no aggression problems with them. They actually prefer to stay in little groups even though theres 8 in a 4 foot tank. Anyways I wanted a tank with a little more structure but still my own idea. The first picture is my first aquarium with 2 half banded spiny eels, 3 dwarf gouramis(1 male 2 female), 3 German black rams(one disappeared on me one day) and 2 German blue rams. I want to redo the tank in the future with a similar style and same fish just rearrange and fill in the plants a little differently. Anyways the second picture is the start of my pea puffer tank. I used an aqua soil for the first time (fluval stratum) and capped with just a little sand in one part mainly for natural color. All the plants are from the 15 gallon pea puffer tank I took down. I was thinking about leaving the tank like that and making it a black water tank for a more simplistic setup but I already ordered more plants for my other setup plan. I’m filling out the left side with a Java fern mother pot and might try sticking the leaves through the fake driftwood. If that doesn’t work I’ll just take the fake driftwood out and it’ll be all Java fern lol. Then maybe a little more bucephalandra or mini bolbitis on the side of the rock pile and I’m definitely going to try filling in the top of it with cryptocoryne pink flamingo. On the right side I’ll reposition the driftwood for more space after it completely sinks and plant a few things on and in the middle of it. Then for the rest of the right side I’ll use a few plants like nesaea pedicellata golden (for the different but pretty yellow leaves), ludwigia natans super red and ludwigia peruensis. All will grow different length and have different colors for a really nice color pop that will fill in space. If it turns out right the bright red from the ludwigia natans super red mixed with yellow from the nesaea and dark red from ludwigia peruensis will be stunning. Let me know any suggestions or your own favorite tank ideas
Add a male and female Kripensis great community fish or just a male or a female Kripensis it would go great with what you have

Upvote 0

Haydeno

I might end up glueing it. I’m wanting to really play around with the plant placement and make it the best tank I can. Also I don’t think I’ll do any kribensis but I’m thinking maybe Amazon puffers to go with the pea puffers. I talked with someone who did that and they said there were very little aggression issues and their fishes fins told the same story. Or just a big group of pea puffer.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom