1. ThatGuy85 Initiate Member

2x Glolight Danio's
    2x Platy
    1x Dwarf Guarmi
    1x Bristle Nose Pleco
    156.jpg

Posin for the camera :)
    157.jpg

Nicknamed Big Ben. Yep, I'm a steelers fan! Should I be concerned about the black stuff in my fake plant here?
    158.jpg

My fish need some new buddies though. Any suggestions on what kind of fish I should add?

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Beautiful tank and fish! I love the fish posing for the camera. That's too cute!

Tank additions hmm...how about 4 more glolight danios and a school (5-6) of some type of smaller tetra? Since your tank has been up and running for a year, the additional bioload (as long as it's added slowly) shouldn't be a problem.

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello ThatGuy. Your tank and fish are beautiful! You don't need to be concerned about your fake plant. It's just a type of algae and it will come off with your fingers.
    Ken

4. Kenzo Initiate Member

Just some more danio's, it are school fishes, they like to swim with 8 or more :)

But, nice tank, the Guarmi is cool :D

5. ThatGuy85 Initiate Member

Thanks for the responses! Unfortunately my DG has little holes in his head now. :( I changed the water and put in some bloodworms to help his diet. Hopefully he gets better soon.

Do you guys think a beta would get along with my current tankmates? I've read that it's a 50/50 chance that they will or not..

Also thinking about getting a couple cory's, or perhaps an angelfish.

6. rae64 Well Known Member Member

get the corys! if you get six, you will be good. add some more danios too, that will make them more confortable. Also, the corys are so much fun! they are playful, friendly, and happy! (not to forget energetic!) but need their buddies or they will hide.

7. ThatGuy85 Initiate Member

Well getting more glolight danio's is first on my list of tank additions. Second is perhaps adding some female platy's, since I just love baby fish :)

One question thought... My BN pleco is the most anti-social fish I've ever seen! He hides at all times and sometimes it's hard to even find him! Is this normal behavior or do I have a fish that's just petrified of everything? I've had him for about 5 months now so he should be comfortable with me.

8. Diggly Well Known Member Member

Bettas do better alone, its not just aggression its food, they can starve if they cant get there as quick as the other fish or they can eat all the food and end up with bloat.

I would agree with the extra danios and I love my corys! My bn plecos arent scared of me but I spend as much time as possible near the tank and talk to them alot! Just keep being persistant and he/ she will come around :).

9. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Bristle nose plecos are semi nocturnal I believe, so it will come out at night, once the pleco gets used to the tank it should feel comfortable to come out and fish dont like hiding so I should think its fine or just has a timid personality :)

For stocking, I would have to agree with Diggly and say no to the betta, however I think adding 5-6 more glolights, 3 more platys and 4-5 corys would be good :)

10. ThatGuy85 Initiate Member

Thanks for the comments guys! I went out last week and picked up 4 more glolights, bringing my total up to 6. They seem to be schooling very well.

As for my BN, well he/she has come out of hiding, and didn't instantly swim into it's cave when the light came on. It's stomach seems slightly bloated, and the eyes are somewhat sunken.. Hoping this isn't dropsy and he just ate too much algae, but we'll see.

I have the worst luck with algae eaters. :-/

11. ThatGuy85 Initiate Member

This is about the best picture I could get with my cellphone

[​IMG]