my 29g alcove

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by monkeypie102, Dec 30, 2012.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

So when I rearranged the tank so I could add my red mangroved I didn't mean to set this little alcove up but it happened! Best part is the tank sits next to be be so when i turn over I can see the fish/inverts :) anyways I have noteed in the few days it has been set up this way every single fish I have, and invert, has been in it at least once so i decided to take pictures! This will also include full tank shots and fish updates!

It is made from driftwood and a clam shell. The center piece is a red lilly that my brother silver dollars at down to 2 leaves... 2 weeks later look at it now!!! And an anubias eye, it was some place else but the cories knocked it lose (sp) I like the look and may attack it to the shell :)
    IMG_20121230_153119.jpg
    One of my Male Peach Mystery Snails chugging through!!!

2. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Wow right after hitting post I see Cresendo in his favorite spot (he has 2 spots but spends most of his time here)
    IMG_20121230_154545.jpg

3. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

That's really pretty monkey :) Crescendo is a beautiful boy too :)

4. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

thanks Magoo :) I had a few sad petsmart employees who had plans to buy him when they left form work that day ;D

A Cory broke rank but if you look next to the shell you see another is never to far :)
    IMG_20121230_155747.jpg
    IMG_20121230_155212.jpg

5. Magoo

Lol I love corys can't wait till I finally get mine I went to my LFS today to choose my schools for my big tank and they had so many different ones they are the fish I am most looking forward to keeping :) and the guy in there tfft me I would have space for 25 but I'm sticking to 15 :)

6. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

what size tank will they be in?

7. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

IMG_20121230_205343.jpg
    Cories and baby assassin sharing some frozen plankton :)

8. Magoo

63.5 gallon :D I'm starting the set up on Wednesday when the stand comes :D I'm very excited

9. Magoo

That's so cute :) frozen plankton? I've never used that did you get it from your LFS?

10. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Dude!!!! I really want a larger tank (55g at least) lol... I would def stick with 15 cories though... 25 would be fun though ;)

And i got the at petsmart in their freezer... it was on sale and thought I would give it a shot :) never lasts more than an hour with my 6 cories... I am actually thinking of upping the school to 10 though..

11. Magoo

Lol I can't wait to get it started still got to move the old 12 gallon but that shouldn't take long I'm looking forward to doing the planting and aquascaping :)

I may see if I can find frozen plankton as I am planning a plec or two too :)

Bigger schools are always better I'm probably going to have one school of 8 and one of 7 and then probably add to them as time goes by I just need to make sure they have enough floor space for scooting about ;)

12. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Sooo thought on the avatar??? Lol cories kept photo bombing

13. A

AlanGreene Well Known Member Member

Snails always look like they are just chillin :D

14. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

I know right ;)

15. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

My petsmart ghost shrimp finally made his way to the alcove :)
    IMG_20130101_140410.jpg
    IMG_20130101_140424.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice