my 29g alcove

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

So when I rearranged the tank so I could add my red mangroved I didn't mean to set this little alcove up but it happened! Best part is the tank sits next to be be so when i turn over I can see the fish/inverts :) anyways I have noteed in the few days it has been set up this way every single fish I have, and invert, has been in it at least once so i decided to take pictures! This will also include full tank shots and fish updates!

It is made from driftwood and a clam shell. The center piece is a red lilly that my brother silver dollars at down to 2 leaves... 2 weeks later look at it now!!! And an anubias eye, it was some place else but the cories knocked it lose (sp) I like the look and may attack it to the shell :)
    IMG_20121230_153119.jpg
    One of my Male Peach Mystery Snails chugging through!!!

2. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Wow right after hitting post I see Cresendo in his favorite spot (he has 2 spots but spends most of his time here)
    IMG_20121230_154545.jpg

3. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

That's really pretty monkey :) Crescendo is a beautiful boy too :)

4. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

thanks Magoo :) I had a few sad petsmart employees who had plans to buy him when they left form work that day ;D

A Cory broke rank but if you look next to the shell you see another is never to far :)
    IMG_20121230_155747.jpg
    IMG_20121230_155212.jpg

5. Magoo

Lol I love corys can't wait till I finally get mine I went to my LFS today to choose my schools for my big tank and they had so many different ones they are the fish I am most looking forward to keeping :) and the guy in there tfft me I would have space for 25 but I'm sticking to 15 :)

6. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

what size tank will they be in?

7. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

IMG_20121230_205343.jpg
    Cories and baby assassin sharing some frozen plankton :)

8. Magoo

63.5 gallon :D I'm starting the set up on Wednesday when the stand comes :D I'm very excited

9. Magoo

That's so cute :) frozen plankton? I've never used that did you get it from your LFS?

10. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Dude!!!! I really want a larger tank (55g at least) lol... I would def stick with 15 cories though... 25 would be fun though ;)

And i got the at petsmart in their freezer... it was on sale and thought I would give it a shot :) never lasts more than an hour with my 6 cories... I am actually thinking of upping the school to 10 though..

11. Magoo

Lol I can't wait to get it started still got to move the old 12 gallon but that shouldn't take long I'm looking forward to doing the planting and aquascaping :)

I may see if I can find frozen plankton as I am planning a plec or two too :)

Bigger schools are always better I'm probably going to have one school of 8 and one of 7 and then probably add to them as time goes by I just need to make sure they have enough floor space for scooting about ;)

12. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Sooo thought on the avatar??? Lol cories kept photo bombing

13. A

AlanGreene Well Known Member Member

Snails always look like they are just chillin :D

14. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

I know right ;)

15. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

My petsmart ghost shrimp finally made his way to the alcove :)
    IMG_20130101_140410.jpg
    IMG_20130101_140424.jpg