My 29 Gallon Build

1. valau Member Member

Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to posting on the forums here, but have been lurking for a while and found tons of helpful tips. Anyways, I've had my aquarium up and running for about 3 months now, and wanted to share it with the community.

Fauna:
    2 German blue ram (breeding pair)
    1 Siamese Algae Eater
    2 bushynose pleco
    8 neon tetra
    4 amano shrimp
    20+ red cherry shrimp
    1 assassin snail
    a gazillion malaysian trumpet snails (put in on purpose)

Flora:
    Jungle val
    Micro sword
    chain sword
    amazon sword
    Tons of unidentified plants. (if anyone can identify the mass of green stuff growing in the middle of the tank that would be awesome! It's two different species of stem plants, but I can't identify either)

I may be looking to add another school of mid to top swimmers, but haven't decided yet. Any suggestions?

Also had a ich outbreak a few weeks ago, but was able to control that by dosing paraguard for a couple weeks. I don't use any filter media regularly, but do use peat moss with water changes to help soften our liquid rock coming out of the faucets, as well as carbon when the water gets really yellow.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. JessH18 Member Member

Tank looks awesome! For the mid to top swimmers I might suggest rummy-nose tetras, we have cardinal tetras, neon's, two german blue rams, two Siamese algae eaters, plus more but too lazy to list, and everyone in the tank gets along very well! Are you using any root tabs or excel for the plants?

3. valau Member Member

Thanks for the advice! Will look into those.

I'm just use Flourish once in a while for the plants. I have about an inch of dirt under the plant-friendly gravel, and that seems to be enough to keep the plants happy. They're growing like crazy!