My 220 GAL.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Labeo55, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Labeo55New MemberMember

This is something I thought I'd never get. Fish to come later.
    My son saw the web site and pointed out an error I made. The tank is actually 220 Gal. not 210.OOOooooppppssss.

Attached Files:

2. RoboDudeValued MemberMember

Re: My 210 GAL.

Oh my dear lord! That's a dream tank for me! ;D

3. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

what will you put in it?

4. ParvathNew MemberMember

:eek:   
    210 G !!!! Thats a huge one... Go on tell us the Grand plan​

5. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

210 gallons !!! Man ... just think of the countless possibilities you'll have with that tank - so many setup/aquascaping ideas and so much space for all of that! And so many fish to choose from for a tank this big! Good luck with your 210G! Wonderful tank! Keep us updated if you do any setup changes or get any fishies! I am sooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. How much did you pay for the stand? I am curious how much wooden stands are, for tanks 125G and over. I'd like a tank at least 125G in the (distant) future, and it's gotta be with a wooden stand and a canopy.

6. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that thing makes my 10g look puny! :eek:

7. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

WOW please tell us what you want to put in there, big fish small fish all the posibilitys.

Austin

8. Labeo55New MemberMember

Thank you all for the encouraging comments. The possibilities are endless for sure. This will be a community tank mainly focusing on angles. but the first inhabitant privileges went to this guy, he seems to like it!

Attached Files:

9. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Angels and betta don't get along very well

10. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

At least one Betta in the whole world will have a home of 210 gallons! Thank you Labeo :) I am so sick of seeing Bettas at fish stores being kept in, literally, a cup or two of water - without filtration, basically without anything. The conditions they live in are literal . So, now, at least one Betta will have a home that it deserves.

11. gammerusWell Known MemberMember

oooh maybe some danios, swordtails, clown loaches....gah this will be awsome

12. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

What a beautiful tank! Be careful when adding the angels. Like ATM said, they don't get along too well. You may have better luck with baby angels and a few more hiding places the betta can call his own. Your tank is beautiful!

13. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Ya I found my betta got along OK with my angels but you need some hiding places more towards the top like some hang on the wall caves since the betta will hang around the top, I had some caves that hung on the wall and that was his home, he chased other fish out of there since that was "his" territory.

14. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

waaaaa :'( :'( sniff...sniff...thats not fairrrrrrrrr!!!
    ;)

15. Labeo55New MemberMember

Sorry Emma, but I just thought of a good name for him, E=M2a I had to modify my subject line. Seems i made a mistake in size its a 220 gal. not 210.
    As for the angels with E=M2a, I had them together in my 55gal. some time back and didn't have a problem. But I like the wall cave idea. Can you point me to a site so I can check them out?

Tony

16. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

I have angels and a betta in a 75 G tank. I think having plenty of room and plenty of plants is what makes it work. so you should be fine with that much space, just give your betta plenty of plants to rest in.
    A couple or three clown loaches would love that tank and you would never have snails ;) Keep us posted as to what you put in it. good luck.
    Carol

17. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

I shall try to find the place, I know I have some and my aunt just bought some for her tank from an lfs. If I can't find a website I can always buy them for you and ship them to you.

18. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

19. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

20. Labeo55New MemberMember

Butterfly. atmmachine816, thanks for the input. Have already ordered a cliffs and caves kit. Will post pic when I get it installed. Depending on how it looks I may expand on it. Will list all occupants when I learn how to add them with my postings. Platys and Swordtails are on my list of to get. Please feel free to suggest any fish!

Tony

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice