My 20Gal Setup

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by Ursinos, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Ursinos

UrsinosValued MemberMember

My current setup, currently with 3 green cobra guppies, and 3 yellow Flamingo guppies. Still trying to decide what might join them eventually. Kinda want something a bit more interesting than a guppy, but still stay with an easy fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I have some algae growing on the skull already, not sure the type, but looks like I might need to cut back on how long the lights are on.

[​IMG]

Just added the Anubias Barteri this week. Hoping it helps with the nitrate levels :D

2. Pikachu13131

Pikachu13131Valued MemberMember

You can have scarlet badis.

3. OP
    OP
    Ursinos

I will have to look into them :)

4. JeffK

JeffKWell Known MemberMember

Maybe 2-3 peacock gudgeons?

5. OP
    OP
    Ursinos

Tank might be a little warm for those little guys. I'm seeing that they prefer water below 26C, and right now my tank seems to average at 26C. (I seriously need to get a chiller I think)

6. JeffK

I think they'd be fine up to 80 F, so 26 C would be ok, just so the tank didn't get too much warmer.

7. OP
    OP
    Ursinos

before we turned our AC on, it could fluctuate quite a bit depending on the temp outside. I recorded it at almost 30C the one day (that's when we turned the AC on lol)

Now it's hovering mostly around the 26-28C range, but mostly staying at 26

8. JeffK

Gotcha - better to try and keep that temp fairly consistent. Do you have a heater in there? I would think a 100W would keep things consistent.

9. OP
    OP
    Ursinos

I actually have a 150W in there because it was the best option available when I was getting the gear purchased. The other options wouldn't have worked for a 20gallon. It's one of the eheim jagers.

I probably should go in and set it to a more consistant temperature. I set it up for 26C when I got the aquarium put together, and it hadn't occured to me to dial it UP instead of down.

10. OP
    OP
    Ursinos

added a new rock, which I transfered one of the anubias plants to so they weren't arguing over light. Also added a marimo moss ball, and some taiwan moss.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and I'm not sure what possessed me to glue moss to the skull, but now I'm tempted to start calling it "Donald" lol
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice