My 20g

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by dezdude, Apr 11, 2010.

1. dezdudeValued MemberMember

I just redid everything. New plants on the side. Not sure if I should add anything else? I don't want things that will take away the focus from the center plant.

1 German Blue Ram
    6 Cardinals
    3 Cory Cats
    4 Ghost Shrimp (can never find them, but they are in there!)

Am I able to add one or more german blue ram?

Attached Files:

2. Jake the FishValued MemberMember

Looks cool, but you could actually be in a semi-cycle.

You could get about 8 german blue rams, but I recommend you get:

5 GBR's
    6 Cardinals
    6 Cories
    4 Ghost shrimp.

3. pinksprklmonkeyValued MemberMember

Wow, 8 German Rams in a 20G? I was told I shouldn't have more than 4 in my 55 in another thread.

4. redlessiWell Known MemberMember

I respectfully disagree about the 8 rams or 5 even. They tend to bicker amongst themselves claiming territory and with a 20 gal there is just not enough room for that many.

BTW tank looks great.............

5. Jake the FishValued MemberMember

I used Aqadvisor so don't blame me.

6. catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

I agree. I wouldn't add more rams to a 20 gallon tank. I have a pair in a 29 gallon tank, and it isn't big enough for them when they are fighting over territory. I had to add plants and even a hollow decoration for them to dart behind.

7. JustinFValued MemberMember

Looks cool I have a 20 Gallon too. Jake what do you mean by a semi-cycle, I'm a little new to how everything works with aquariums?

8. dezdudeValued MemberMember

well, i wouldnt have a pair, it would be 2 female rams

9. catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

I do not have a mated pair. I have 2 rams in a 29 gallon and they fight and often charge at each other over territory. The more aggressive one has set claim to 3/4 of the tank.

10. dezdudeValued MemberMember

dang. well my problem is, my ram is supposed to be my centerpiece fish...but it seems like more of a fish that just blends in with my cardinals because the ram does not get that big. are there any one fish i can add that can be a good centerpiece? i was thinking about a gourami?

11. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning Dezdude,

Keep in mind that Aqua Advisor is not always correct.
    https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/aquarium-stocking-questions/66006-aqadvisor.html

I think you would be ok with 1 more Blue Ram or 1 gourami. Then I would consider your tank stocked. Looks great by the way :)!

Too Dez, if you would be so kind as to complete your Aquarium Profile Information it will be a great help to others. Click on My Settings in the blue bar close to the top. In the drop down box click on Edit Aquarium Information.

Best of luck,
    Ken

12. dezdudeValued MemberMember

Would a Gourami go well with a ram?

13. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

So Aqadvisor is to blame??

14. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Lovely looking tank what is the center plant if you dont mind me asking it looks really cool! I love the buddha statue. I have to agree with Ken's suggestion that is what I would do.

15. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Aqadvisor is great for figuring out bioload, not always so great for figuring out stock. You shouldn't use it as your only source.

dez, what is that tube thing standing up on the left side of the tank?

16. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

A thermometer.....

17. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

I thought that was a thermometer? lol

*Edit, Ninja'ed*

18. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

I've never seen one like that. I think I need to go sit in the corner with that dunce cap on.

19. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Need help putting it on?

20. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Is there a "sticking your tongue out at Jaysee" smiley?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice