My 20g

dezdude

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I just redid everything. New plants on the side. Not sure if I should add anything else? I don't want things that will take away the focus from the center plant.

1 German Blue Ram
6 Cardinals
3 Cory Cats
4 Ghost Shrimp (can never find them, but they are in there!)

Am I able to add one or more german blue ram?

Attachments

Jake the Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Looks cool, but you could actually be in a semi-cycle.

You could get about 8 german blue rams, but I recommend you get:

5 GBR's
6 Cardinals
6 Cories
4 Ghost shrimp.

redlessi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I respectfully disagree about the 8 rams or 5 even. They tend to bicker amongst themselves claiming territory and with a 20 gal there is just not enough room for that many.

BTW tank looks great.............

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
I agree. I wouldn't add more rams to a 20 gallon tank. I have a pair in a 29 gallon tank, and it isn't big enough for them when they are fighting over territory. I had to add plants and even a hollow decoration for them to dart behind.

JustinF

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Looks cool I have a 20 Gallon too. Jake what do you mean by a semi-cycle, I'm a little new to how everything works with aquariums?

dezdude

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
well, i wouldnt have a pair, it would be 2 female rams

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
I do not have a mated pair. I have 2 rams in a 29 gallon and they fight and often charge at each other over territory. The more aggressive one has set claim to 3/4 of the tank.

dezdude

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
dang. well my problem is, my ram is supposed to be my centerpiece fish...but it seems like more of a fish that just blends in with my cardinals because the ram does not get that big. are there any one fish i can add that can be a good centerpiece? i was thinking about a gourami?

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning Dezdude,

Keep in mind that Aqua Advisor is not always correct.
https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/aquarium-stocking-questions/66006-aqadvisor.html

I think you would be ok with 1 more Blue Ram or 1 gourami. Then I would consider your tank stocked. Looks great by the way !

Too Dez, if you would be so kind as to complete your Aquarium Profile Information it will be a great help to others. Click on My Settings in the blue bar close to the top. In the drop down box click on Edit Aquarium Information.

Best of luck,
Ken

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Lovely looking tank what is the center plant if you dont mind me asking it looks really cool! I love the buddha statue. I have to agree with Ken's suggestion that is what I would do.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Aqadvisor is great for figuring out bioload, not always so great for figuring out stock. You shouldn't use it as your only source.

dez, what is that tube thing standing up on the left side of the tank?

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've never seen one like that. I think I need to go sit in the corner with that dunce cap on.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom