My 20g Tank. Any Suggestions?

Duardo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am relatively new to the hobby but I did a lot of research and got very into it very quickly. I just wanted suggestions on how to decorate my 20g tank, that I want to make a planted tank eventually.

So i first started off with a 10g and then ended up buying a ton of tanks, and managed to get lucky and buy a 20g for $6. In the end I ended up with 2 10 gallon tanks, 2 5 gallon tanks and a 20 gallon tank.

I transferred my fish from my 10g to my 20g and this is the result.

(I hope I uploaded the image correctly)
I am slowly transitioning to a planted tank, recently got the light and had a sponge filter.

I was wondering what would be some decent plants to have in this low tech tank. I havent put substrate in yet because it would be a hassle but I'll place it where I'll put a plant, I also do not have CO2

the light I am using is an aquaneat light here are some specs
  • Lumen: 2880
  • Includes 56 LEDs, 40x 10000K 0.5W cool white, 16x RGB LEDs
and if i calculated it correctly thats 20 watts, so itll be 1 watt per gallon in my 20.

Any other suggestions of decor would be appreciated especially how to make a black background.

Duardo

Valued Member
Reaction score
RonJ said:
When you are doing these transfers, are you ensuring that tanks have established nitrogen cycle properly?
Well I cycled my tank, all i did was clean this one, and literally transferred everything over and added water. The sand substrate i let sit in the 10 gal for a week so I can use it for the 20 gal and store the blue gravel. And when I checked my parameters they were better than the 10 gal since I had a little nitrate and small ammonia issue. The water was about the same temp as well and I lost no fish in any of this process so I assume I did it correctly.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom