My 20g And 2.7g :)

1. Waqas

Waqas New Member Member

After loads of help from awesome folks here on my welcome thread, I have managed to setup both by 20g and 2.7g aquariums.

My 20 g has
    - 8 Neon Tetras
    - 3 Guppies
    - 5 Zebras
    - 1 Platy
    Here are some pics:
    WhatsApp Image 2017-08-06 at 17.16.45.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-08-06 at 17.16.39.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-08-06 at 17.16.37.jpeg

Water's brown due to the drift wood, I like it and I have read its not harmful to the fish :) -- Still learning on the aqua-scaping bit, planning to add fern behind the drift wood in the future.

My 2.6 has a Betta in it with drift wood, Anubias tied to the drift wood, white gravel on top with fertiliser/plant food at the bottom layer, here are some pics:
    WhatsApp Image 2017-08-06 at 17.16.49.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-08-06 at 17.16.48.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-08-06 at 17.16.47.jpeg

Larger 20g was cycled a while ago, I did a 25% water change with new stock and all seems to be going well, perimeters under control. For the smaller tank, I seeded it using established media from the larger tank and am doing frequent water changes while keeping an eye on water quality.

Lmk what you guys think, I am super excited and am hoping to keep fish for years to come :) -- wouldn't have been possible without this community :)

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Very nice, if I can make one suggestion, a background of dark blue or black would help hide the equipment, the fish & plants tend to show up better against a plain background :)

3. OP
    OP
    Waqas

Waqas New Member Member

@Coradee I actually got black background today its a thick poster black on one side blue on the other :). I am leaning towards black.

Also got black sand and might change the substrate altogether to black sand as I think it would look better. Should I be careful about anything when changing substrate, its going to be a weekend thing, as I will need to move the fish to a temp tank, but anything else that needs to be considered when using sand?

4. Coradee

Just make sure you thoroughly rinse the sand & when you think it's clean then rinse it again, don't forget the update pics when it's done :)

5. OP
    OP
    Waqas

Waqas New Member Member

Sure thing, will do :) thanks!

6. OP
    OP
    Waqas

Waqas New Member Member

Quick update, added black wallpaper and sand (cleaning sand is probably the most tedious thing I have done in a while). This is what the tank looks like now:
    WhatsApp Image 2017-08-09 at 10.07.20 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-08-09 at 10.07.20.jpeg

I need couple of live plants, thinking of adding fertiliser in the substrate behind drift wood and planting a few. Any suggestions? apart from Java fern.

Thanks!

7. MusicalFishies

MusicalFishies New Member Member

Wow! That's pretty! You've got a nicely shaped piece of wood!

8. OP
    OP
    Waqas

Waqas New Member Member

@MusicalFishies Thanks!

So I added a live plant, according to the LFS its an Amazon sword (live plants are not popular here in Aquariums) but I don't think it is. It came attached to small piece of drift wood, I have added fertiliser substrate and pushed the plant in the sand, will get root tabs as well.
    WhatsApp Image 2017-08-10 at 20.23.43.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-08-10 at 20.23.43 (1).jpeg

Any idea what this plant might be?

9. Coradee

Wow, you've been busy, it looks great! :)