My 20 gallon tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by stanman, Dec 16, 2009.

1. stanmanNew MemberMember

7 zebra danios
    5 black neon tetras
    2 neon red gourmis

Attached Files:

2. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Cool tank!

Unfortunately, the variegated plant near the middle and the plant to the left of it appear to be non-aquatic. They will eventually die and pollute the tank. Any chance you could return them?

3. Robin4

Robin4Valued MemberMember

Hello stanman,

Great looking tank!! I believe I have the same plants you do that is in the right corner... Did you have a hard time getting them to stay planted? I have gravel too and they just won't stay put! They are fast growers too...

Robin

4. OP
    OP
    s

stanmanNew MemberMember

The one on the left has been growing quite well, but now that you say it, the one in the middle does look odd. Any suggestions on what to put there if I take them out. I admit I am kinda new to planted tanks.

I had a problem to, I have three inches of gravel,and had to go almost all the way down to get it to stay.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  5. s2datValued MemberMember

i think i actually have a similar plant like in the middle but petsmart had it itemised as aquatic havent had any issues in 3 weeks.

6. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

That's because non-aquatic plants often take longer than 3 weeks to start having issues. I had some "mondo grass" once before I knew any better that seemed to do ok for a couple of months, then started rotting away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice