My 20 gal. aquarium

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by SunnShadow, May 8, 2006.

1. SunnShadowValued MemberMember

Here are som pics of my aquarium:

Attached Files:

2. SunnShadowValued MemberMember

In the first and last photos, you can barely see Dante on the left-hand side of the tank. I've never seen a Betta like him. He's young (don't know how young, but his back is straight and his eyes are totally black...), and very happy to be in a tank he can swim in.
    In the pic with all three blackskirt tetras, they are in their "territories"..... they've divided the tank into thirds, and patrol their respective areas diligently. The one on the left is the most aggressive (Moe), the one on the far right is the most peaceful (Curly), and the middle one is slightly aggressive (Larry). I thought these fish were peaceful, schooling fish...... guess not!
    Lurch is in the next to last pic, on the far right. We find him very amusing........ who knew that loaches fart??!! LOL..........

I am seriously enjoying my little, (usually) peaceful aquarium.......... now that I've finally gotten it stabilized and stocked!!

S.

3. GwenzWell Known MemberMember

I love your tank. Very nice. ;D

Gwenz :)

4. Joe GValued MemberMember

LOOKS VERY NICE

5. dahlyValued MemberMember

Very nice set up!

6. SunnShadowValued MemberMember

Thank you all for your kind remarks.  I was really missing my 75 gal. aquarium, and have wanted a smaller for quite some time, so this is almost like Christmas and birthday rolled into one!  I still wish I had room for the big one, but at least my sister is getting enjoyment out of it.

S.

(Edit: I've mxed live and artificial plants. I wanted the benefits of live, but added two artificial ones for color.)

7. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

I love your tank, it's beautiful :)

8. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

beautiful tank!

9. SunnShadowValued MemberMember

I haven't overstocked, have I??  (fish are listed in my signature) All the fish seem fine and happy........... I just tend to go crazy sometimes..........

S.

10. smillermomValued MemberMember

Since your fish are going to grow for the most part to an adult size of 2-4 inches, add up the adult inch size and see what you think. I would definitely find a new home for the pleco, he will get to be very large and is a very messy fish. These are fish you can use the inch to a gallon rule with as they will stay small. I agree about the black skirted tetras, they are more aggressive in the tank than my 2 convict cichlids are!!!!

11. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Very nicely done! ;D

12. skippiValued MemberMember

I really like your tank. I wish mine looked as nice :)

13. SunnShadowValued MemberMember

What other fish do you have with your convicts?  I've wanted to get a pair for a long time, but doubt that they'd fit with the fish I already have......
    hmmmm........... maybe I should get a second tank just for cichlids??   ;)

S.

14. SunnShadowValued MemberMember

Thank you.  Did you post pics of your tank? 
    I only tried to stay as natural as possible.  I was trying for a "cut scene" effect.  Like you had stuck your head under water in a stream somewhere...........  It doesn't look quite as nice now, with the "nursery net" in there just in case I see and save some fry....

S.

15. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I just did a rough calculation and you are overstocked, quite a bit actually. :-\ The Pleco will get way too big for the tank and the Algae Eater will probably start harassing the fish as he gets bigger, especially in that small of a tank (well small for an Algae Eater). You will eventually need to get a bigger tank for the Pleco and probably the Algae Eater. Calculate how many inches you have without those two fish. You will still be overstocked but it may work if you do plenty of water changes. Once again your tanks are very beautiful. :)

16. SunnShadowValued MemberMember

When the pleco gets too big, I will find a home for him. Likewise with the algae eater. As I said in a previous post, my sister has my 75 gallon, so she could take them with no problem.
    I've tested my water myself and also had it tested by my local LFS (before a water change), and it is fine. My fish are not stressed or sick, as a matter of fact, they are all very happy, with the exception of the Black Skirts. But I plan on finding a new home for them soon anyway.
    Thank you for the compliment on my tank. I try very hard to keep it clean, looking nice and to keep my fish healty and happy. ;D

17. smillermomValued MemberMember

You can tell!

18. skippiValued MemberMember

Yes I have some pic on here they are on the thread "I'm Hooked" Am going to try to get some better pics of my tanks later today. Keep up the good work on you tank it really is cool. Heidi

19. AussieNew MemberMember

Hey great looking tank ;D Can you tell me if the plants are real or not??

20. SunnShadowValued MemberMember

The one on the far left is fake, and so is the purple one. All the rest are live. I prefer live plants because of the extra oxygen, their ability to remove toxins from the water and the way they move with the "current" from the bubble wand and filter. Unfortunately, fish tend to uproot them and they end up floating. I'm going to look into the ones in little weighted pots my LFS carries.....

Thanks for the compliment!! I am very proud of my tank and am as emotionally attached to all my fish as I am to my dog and cat.

S.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice