My 2 year olds obsession w/ nemo...

Angela_96
Its too cute! We went shopping today for groceries and he couldn't leave the house w/o this ragged aquarium book of mine that has clown fish on the front his "nemo" book.. it has a ton of fis pictures.. hes only 2 years old and 6 months... then he grabbed his nemo ball cap that he will scream for if he don't have leaving the house...
When we got to walmart, remembering the last time we went to the store my husband rudely bought our 6 y/o a transformer toy and him nothing.. I was so mad when we left I didn't speak to him the whole way home. So today was spoil carson day.... so we went to the bath toys section and found some clown fish bath toys... he was so happy! then just so happen they had some stuff he didn't see that I am getting him for the pool (my mother has an inground pool that we use just about everyday in the summer) it was a nemo, bruce, and dorI that swims in the pool... and they also had a nemo bubble maker... I will be buying them and putting those back for when we can't find any nemo stuff.
Anyways... we went into the little book section and found a nemo book w/ noise stuff and a stuffed nemo.. I haven't seen that much nemo in a long time at walmart! He was so happy! He is literally laying in the floor with his nemo that is his size a smaller nemo and the little tiny nemo he got today and a blanket right now..... watching what? Nemo! That dvd is going to tear up one day its been played at least 2 times a day for about 6 months....
He sleeps w/ these nemos, has a little dorI he hugs when he sleeps and has a nemo blanket he cannot sleep w/o.
Then right now his fav shirt is on his back yep.. a nemo shirt that is 2 sizes too big that was his big brothers.... I can't get it off of him to put his pjs on so I am going to have to change his diaper, and put pj pants on w/ it for bed....

you should see this kid at the Saltwater section at the fishstore.... its a hoot!

We had a blast today though... on our way back home I looked in the backseat and he was hugged up to his nemo w/ his book and a pacI in his mouth sleeping... I wish I had a camera w/ me I would have pulled over for a pic....

COBettaCouple
Awww.. that's so cute! I love how his love of fish (Nemo mainly ) is a real source of joy to him.

Angela_96
Awww.. that's so cute! I love how his love of fish (Nemo mainly ) is a real source of joy to him.

I am hoping to get a saltwater set up one day.. and since clown fish are good starter fish for saltwater tanks... I will prob be getting him a couple real nemos... (I can't wait!) I have been wanting a saltwater tank for a long time...

COBettaCouple
Has he seen all the kinds of clowns? the other colors and stripe patterns?

Nags1965
I want a saltwater tank.. but I swear to my time this Freshwater tank is gonna be the mental death of me. Ive decided its cheaper to just spend hundreds of dollars at the pet store on fish supplies that way I'm covered for any and all things that can and has and probably will come up..

Martinismommy
That is precious.....If I lived closer I'd bring him an 8x10 of one of my Nemo' pics.....My Granddaughter who is 3 loves the finbabies also...She knows all of my kids by name.....Such a wonderful thing to see a child treat animals with love and respect.....

Good job Mommy!

Angela_96
Has he seen all the kinds of clowns? the other colors and stripe patterns?

No I don't think he has... in fact I don't think I have either.... it will give us something to do tomm! I will have to research different clowns on the internet w/ him while big bro is in school. I can see him now FISH, nemo! and his little hand prints on the comp monitor... (hes trying to learn the mouse too)

-That is precious.....If I lived closer I'd bring him an 8x10 of one of my Nemo' pics.....My Granddaughter who is 3 loves the finbabies also...She knows all of my kids by name.....Such a wonderful thing to see a child treat animals with love and respect.....

Good job Mommy!

thanks...... but if you seen what he did to jinx our 30-40lb cat you wouldn't say he respected the cat... he trys to ride her like a horse... and where I call her a cow... he has called her a cow all this time. He has been calling cats cows for about 6 months until the other day he finally said cat where I have been correcting him. (I think its honestly out of play, he loves her so much I have to get on to him for kissing her on the head, of coarse he kisses the fish tanks too) I had to get on to him the other day though, I looked down and I saw him laying in the floor and black fur and legs coming out from under his body... and a growling noise.... its a good thing she isn't a short tempered cat.

Angela_96
I want a saltwater tank.. but I swear to my time this Freshwater tank is gonna be the mental death of me. Ive decided its cheaper to just spend hundreds of dollars at the pet store on fish supplies that way I'm covered for any and all things that can and has and probably will come up..

That's why before I get going on the sw I am getting books and doing some major research! It took me a while to learn freshwater, and I am still questioning a bunch of stuff...

COBettaCouple
He'll love them. I personally love the maroon clowns the most, but there are SO many.. If only you could put more than a pair in 100g.
No I don't think he has... in fact I don't think I have either.... it will give us something to do tomm! I will have to research different clowns on the internet w/ him while big bro is in school. I can see him now FISH, nemo! and his little hand prints on the comp monitor... (hes trying to learn the mouse too)

LOL.. Maybe he figures a cat couldn't be that big. What a picture of him and the cat legs sticking out from under him!
thanks...... but if you seen what he did to jinx our 30-40lb cat you wouldn't say he respected the cat... he trys to ride her like a horse... and where I call her a cow... he has called her a cow all this time. He has been calling cats cows for about 6 months until the other day he finally said cat where I have been correcting him. (I think its honestly out of play, he loves her so much I have to get on to him for kissing her on the head, of coarse he kisses the fish tanks too) I had to get on to him the other day though, I looked down and I saw him laying in the floor and black fur and legs coming out from under his body... and a growling noise.... its a good thing she isn't a short tempered cat.

Angela_96
I'm going to have to post a picture of her... just like our fish she is over spoiled... however overfeeding her won't giver her malawI bloat... just gets her fat. (luckily!) she started off w/ some depression after we lost our jack russell... he escaped out the back door and we found him 6 hours later, dead on the road we had a mini-funeral for him, he was a fav family pet... and her best bud. then she learned how to pawn everyone into thinking she hadn't been fed where we keep odd hours w/ our work... my husband would come in and see her food bowl empty and a whining cat, so he'd feed her, and I would wake up to the same.. then our 6 year old would get the same pawning.. leading to a whopper of a cat... (luckily everyone ask permission from me to feed the fish after my husband overfed the mbunas one day and two days later I lost a male kenyI to bloat, I still blame him for it.. and won't let him touch the tanks)

Yea, the maroon clownfish are pretty, I have seen those... I didn't know they had to have that big of a tank!! (just begainning research w/ Saltwater though..) I am going to go to a used book store FrI and see what they have... most of their books are less than 5 dollars. I have also found a ton of childrens books for the boys there too (for like a quarter a peice)

COBettaCouple
That's really sad to lose a pet like that.. but what a spoiled cat.. he's a big garfield fan I guess.

I just learned about that size requirement for clowns myself. I did have this wonderful idea of having a big tank with a pair of each color.. oh well.. at least I learned before trying it.

Angela_96
yea.. the good thing is researching the fish before you buy them... this is what makes me so nervous about the sw tanks.. you not only have the fish to research and pick out.. but the corals and their requirements (I am going to do a reef), and then the "cleaner crew"... its a lot of living beings to take care of... and I am so picky about my fish right now and their water quality.. for instance we added that pleco and a couple fish to the 55g... and I was forced to do some maintence on the eheim.. well I have a "minI cycle" going on now w/ a low ammonia of .25ppm and I have been freaking about it for a week now w/ water changes as soon as I wake up everyday... its the first thing I think about and I just hook up the python while I am pouring my cereal.
I think I have fish ocd??

COBettaCouple
LOL.. me too. I want corals and anemone for the clowns to host so I'll have to research all that to get everything compatible and wanting the same specific gravity and salinity, etc..

Angela_96
That was one reason we got into the african cichlids they are so easy to keep w/ our tap water and not to mention they all prefer the same conditions.... when we were researching fish for a bigger tank we tested our tap water and saw we had high ph, and hard water (which I had kept tetras, gouriami, and cory catfish before w/ no prob but remembering back I admitted to him I also lugged home gallons of spring water for water changes) which was not possible for the bigger tanks, and as many as we have now.
When we get a Saltwater I will invest in a RO unit... then... my possibilites will be endless w/ fish!!

seedy
HI everyone
Just a quick heads up.
Just recently a "self impossed" ban by wild fish collectors was introduced here in Australia on all Clown fish species. It seems Nemo was/is too popular.
I don't know how hard they are to breed , but if difficult , I can imagine a price rise is on the way.

Angela_96
HI everyone
Just a quick heads up.
Just recently a "self impossed" ban by wild fish collectors was introduced here in Australia on all Clown fish species. It seems Nemo was/is too popular.
I don't know how hard they are to breed , but if difficult , I can imagine a price rise is on the way.

I plan after reading an aquarium book about how they get the fish from the reefs to buy tank breed clown fish from the US. So I am sure that the price rise shouldn't affect the ones I will be getting. Not to mention after watching the "extra" that comes on the dvd w/ the nemo cartoon about the pollution, global warming that is killing out the corals, and the reefs I couldn't imagine stripping any part of nemos home or nemo from his/her home for my own pleasure at mine.

COBettaCouple
Yea, when we do saltwater, I want to get all tank-raised fish, coral & anemone.

Angela_96
Yea, when we do saltwater, I want to get all tank-raised fish, coral & anemone.

we won't even by the real lake malawI cichlids, we buy the tank raised cichlids.. of coarse they are cheaper..

however, I am thinking of checking w/ the local authorities about catching gar since its getting to be a pop aquarium fish and selling them.. that's only because those things have literally over-run our lakes here and kill out a lot of other fish... (I have grown up really not liking those fish they scare the out of me, when you are swimming in a lake where they are and you see one snap a fish into.... )

nmwierman1977
Its so funny how they gey attached to a certain movie or character at that age. The little girl I nanny for just turned 2. For quite awhile she had an obsession with Shrek. They have all 3 movies and she wouldn't want to watch anything, but that.She would get up in the morning and the first thing out of her mouth was shrek.She even sleeps with a shrek doll. After about a month we were all shreked out.Natalie

Angela_96
Honestly I don't think its just "nemo" all together... when I got the fish tank going that I had when he started the nemo obsession and just had a couple guppies it was "fish fish" but he does sleep w/ all his nemo stuff and have an obsession w/ the charactor...
He is a fish-freak! This kid will watch the fish tanks as if they were tv...
BTW, he does like shrek! but who doesn't??

COBettaCouple
Smart kid.. tanks are more entertaining that most stuff on TV.

Angela_96
Yea.. the mbuna tank is very much like watching an action movie!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Nags1965
Replies
Views
FishKing
Replies
Views
Oil_Fan
Replies
Views