My 2 Pond Comet Goldfish

Nicole2017

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello I was wondering I bought 2 comets about a month ago we bought them to have fish back in our outside pond and all they do is hide and doesn't come out to eat the fish food will they start to come out more longer they live in the pond or will they always hide? Also should we get a fee more or is 2 plenty for a decent sized pond?

Skavatar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
mine did that when I moved a few from the indoor glass tank to the outdoor patio pond. i think it took them about a month to get settled in to their new home and to finally come up to the surface for feeding time.

if you could give us a rough estimate on the length width and depth of your pond we can give you a better estimate on how many comets you can add.

Nicole2017

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
mine did that when I moved a few from the indoor glass tank to the outdoor patio pond. i think it took them about a month to get settled in to their new home and to finally come up to the surface for feeding time.

if you could give us a rough estimate on the length width and depth of your pond we can give you a better estimate on how many comets you can add.
The deepest part of the pond is about 1 1/2ft to 2ft deep
20190804_161007.jpg

Skavatar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i'm estimating it about 500-600 gallons, conservatively. you can add a few more. in a year or 2 they will breed and have more and more babies.

how cold are your winters?

Nicole2017

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i'm estimating it about 500-600 gallons, conservatively. you can add a few more. in a year or 2 they will breed and have more and more babies.

how cold are your winters?
Thank you so much and the winters are not to bad it will sometimes get a thin ice layer on top but never frozen solid and the temp can get as low as 30 once in a blue moon high 20degrees Fahrenheit

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom