My 2 New Tanks

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Fritzfish, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Fritzfish

Fritzfish New Member Member

I recently was given older 29 gallon Oceanic Biocube with missing parts and balast that did not work. Spent 1 month cleaning and figuring this thing out. Bought a new light and took the top completely off. Found out most of parts from coralife biocube won't work on oceanic. I ended up modifying the filters and adding a light. Finally got it up and running and cycled and looks great. I've got 1 dwarf gourami, 6 small tiger barbs and 3 small zebra loaches. After getting the forst set up I really wanted a small tank in my bedroom so I found a jbj 10 gallon rimless on sale and picked it up. Did some aquscaping with some rocks from my larger tank and some cycled ceramic rings and through in some Fritz Turbo start and added 2 black skirt tetras from my larger tank. Water is perfect and really enjoying the hobby. Let me know what you think. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

I suggest upping the zebra loaches to 8, they like to school. And skirt tetras are too small in a 10 gallon, they require a 20 gallon minimum

3. VioletSS

VioletSS Valued Member Member

I especially like the second one - it sure shows off the colors of your fish well. Very nice. :)

4. Arades

Arades Valued Member Member

Wow, lovely tanks! You should move the skirt tetras to your 29 as a 10 is too small for them. Get something like ember tetras or a betta for the 10.

5. vikingkirken

vikingkirken Well Known Member Member

That JBJ tank is REALLY cool looking. How do you like it? Is it easy to maintain? I've been looking for a larger tank to divide for my girls' bettas (instead of two separate little tanks). Do you think it could be divided...?

That rock formation in the biocube is neat too. I love the cave/rock bridge on it.

6. OP
    OP
    Fritzfish

Fritzfish New Member Member

Thanks, I ordered the whole rock piece from Amazon and is plastic that is like rock. Reasonably priced as well. I think the jbj would be good for betas. I would suggest modifying the filter though. The stock one is cheap.

Just using the tetras in the 10 to finish cycle. They ha e helped me cycle my previous tank so if it ain't broker don't fix it. Definitely gonna be moving fish around after jbj 10 is finished cycle. Had everything in 29 gallon and I figured those were the best transfer to new tank.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  7. Arades

Arades Valued Member Member

Thats fine!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice