10 Gallon Tank My 2 month old planted Fluval Flex

SilverLake

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I set this tank up for my birthday in may, and had to adjust the scape once a couple weeks later because the tree broke free from where it was sitting. It has cycled peacefully since and has a very solid coating of 'tank sprinkles' (Bladder and a few pond snails) and a few happy little RCS. The tank does have active botanicals, and i tried to keep as much color as i could from my driftwood, leading to the tint you might see in the photos.

Please feel free to give me your comments on the setup, as well as any improvements you think could be made. I plan to add some kind of stem plant in the back by the filter intake and shrimp dish. The plan for stocking this tank is more RCS and Chili Rasbora, hopefully the current that it has wont be too much.

Attachments

OP
SilverLake

SilverLake

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
kattiq said:
Looks great! What is the plants on top of the driftwood? Is it java moss?
Its actually Christmas moss, and I'm battling a thread algae outbreak on it. These pictures were taken two nights ago and I actually stripped off the topmost layer of the moss, taking as much of the algae as I could, to reduce the amount. I recovered what i could of the moss, but there's a good chunk of moss and algae on the edge of my lawn now lol.

kattiq

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
SilverLake said:
Its actually Christmas moss, and I'm battling a thread algae outbreak on it. These pictures were taken two nights ago and I actually stripped off the topmost layer of the moss, taking as much of the algae as I could, to reduce the amount. I recovered what i could of the moss, but there's a good chunk of moss and algae on the edge of my lawn now lol.
I feel ya. I got rid of all of my java moss because it was just saturated in algae and made my tank look terrible. I’ve never had great luck with it. Haha

OP
SilverLake

SilverLake

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
kattiq said:
I feel ya. I got rid of all of my java moss because it was just saturated in algae and made my tank look terrible. I’ve never had great luck with it. Haha
I'm Hoping i stunted it enough for the moss to recover, but if not I may just pull it all off and try something new, its a very high light area due to how close it is to the surface, so algae really likes it.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom