My 2 female Bettas with a floating bamboo

gvmsia

Reaction score
I placed a bamboo cup in it to see how my aquarium inhabitants would take to it. the female Bettas were the first to the scene :)

Carolyn Johnson

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Love it! I have a floating log and my baby Dojo’s just love it. Where did you find a bamboo one?. Thanks. Again love your tank.

OP
gvmsia

gvmsia

Reaction score
Canaculus said:
Gorgeous tank mate. I love heavily planted tanks like this, and the bettas being awesome just makes it even better.
thanks. i've made lots of mistakes with this tank, but I think it's slowly getting there. bettas, male and female, are my favourite.

OP
gvmsia

gvmsia

Reaction score
Carolyn Johnson said:
Love it! I have a floating log and my baby Dojo’s just love it. Where did you find a bamboo one?. Thanks. Again love your tank.
thanks. lots of bamboo varieties here in malaysia... big, small, thin, thick, yellow, green, brown, etc etc. I usually get bits just from my neighbourhood.

Carolyn Johnson

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh. I didn’t know where you were. Nice to get stuff from your back yard that you can use in your tank. All I’d get here is grass. Your betas are identical, are they siblings? Beautiful!

OP
gvmsia

gvmsia

Reaction score
haha i'm always on the lookout for anything that can be repurposed for the tank. I tested bamboo for many things with varying levels of success... hiding filters, housing filter media, inhabitant hiding places, overhead rain bar, etc etc :)

yes those bettas were from a small group that managed to survive (my 2nd attempt at caring for fry). the group had a mixture of brown, red, blue.

New Threads