My 1st spawn was a success! - Page 7

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow, I'm so impressed with the progress you've made. I love hearing everything about it.

MinxMermaid

Well Known
Reaction score
Allie said:
I don't advise it either. But from what I have read, even when breeders breed quality betta: they still aren't sure what colors they will end up with.
For example one of Hung's batches from Mustard gas spawn most of these fish are from the same spawn unless otherwise stated. Look at the colors

I am hoping to get some of these fish if he has some left.
WOW Allie, some of those bettas are AMAZING!!

Wish I had an available tank!!

voiceless_kat

Well Known
Reaction score
Wa-hoo -- I knew my boy Dunn was more than a pretty face!!!! That would be soooooooooooooooooo wonderful to get one of his babies.

Now I think I have to go put my Dunn tank top on and have a glass of winde to celebrate.

Aren't you the good secret keeper, M'am??? One wonders what you get up to out there under the Phoenix sun??!!

Well done, Karen...it is such a miracle for all of us to follow and feel like we are a part of!! I know how busy this is keeping you, so many thanks again for taking the time to share!!

Val

PS: Dunn, I send you a big finny fishy kissy face kiss!!

OP
Martinismommy

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Where the Earth moves but the traffic doesn't! Cal
Experience
More than 10 years
I thought I'd update on my Betta babies....

Everything has been going wonderful...The babies are all growing and Grandma (me) is wore out lol...I have about 75 live fry from Shannon my Butterfly girl.. The DunnXDragon lady litter is too small to say just yet...

I'd love to share photos but..... As I was trying to get that perfect close up of my fattest baby I realized my lense was in the water! Shoot shoot shoot lol...I need stronger glasses I suppose...

Anyway, all the kids are thriving and this has been one heck of an experience...Steve calls it the Neonatal ward lol...

I'm planning on spawning my blue pair next...I tried once but she didn't like him so they will try again next week....

Here is the male...

pamd

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Martinismommy said:
I'd love to share photos but..... As I was trying to get that perfect close up of my fattest baby I realized my lense was in the water! Shoot shoot shoot lol...I need stronger glasses I suppose...
Yikes! I hope your lens will be okay once it dries out and am eager to see pics of the first-spawn darlings! Are they showing colors yet?

I LOVE Blue Boy!

OP
Martinismommy

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Pam...Can't see colors yet because they are still in the spawn tank...Once I move them into the grow out tank I'll know more about colors...I'm expecting Lavendar/pink butterfly patterns on the fry considering they are sibblings...

Camera...Hummmm Well, I think it is time for a new one lol....

MinxMermaid

Well Known
Reaction score
Martinismommy said:

these are the perils of the old woman in the shoe

ooooo that blue boy is HANDSOME!!!

OP
Martinismommy

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was finally able to get some shots of the 1st butterfly spawn today...They are 20 days old....They are finally big enough to see without glasses.....Geeeeeeeze lol......

Here are a few of my pride and joys.......One of the boys is going to Rose (Chickadee) I'm sure she will be very pleased with him.....

I'm in LOVE with my babies!

ShaynaB

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh they're SOOOOO CUTE!

I love fry in general but betta fry just take the cake!

You're doing such a good job with them!! They're wonderful!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh my goodness they're adorable! I bet Rose is going to be so pleased. I can't think of anyone would give him a better home.

MissMTS

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Wow, they have grown so much! Congrats on your babies They seem to be doing so well.

You sucessfully spawned a second pair??? How did I miss that?! Congrats. You sure have your work cut out for you lady, lol

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
great job!! those babies are adorable! can't wait to see them all colored up

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I am so jealous!! Those little buggers are adorable.
Congrats Karen! You are doing an awesome job!
Maybe I'll have something to brag about in a month or so.
Back to the drawing board I go.

New Threads