My 1st spawn was a success! | Page 7

Discussion in 'Martinismommy' started by Martinismommy, Oct 2, 2008.

1. AllieFishlore VIPMember

I don't advise it either. But from what I have read, even when breeders breed quality betta: they still aren't sure what colors they will end up with.
    For example one of Hung's batches from Mustard gas spawn most of these fish are from the same spawn unless otherwise stated. Look at the colors :eek:

I am hoping to get some of these fish if he has some left.

2. LucyModeratorModerator Member

Wow, I'm so impressed with the progress you've made. I love hearing everything about it.

3. DarleneWell Known MemberMember

Congrats on your second spawn! I can't wait to see what the babies look like.

4. MinxMermaidWell Known MemberMember

WOW Allie, some of those bettas are AMAZING!!

Wish I had an available tank!!

5. AllieFishlore VIPMember

I know...I got an email of what's left for his stock this am. $25 a pair. :drool: :helpsmilie:

6. voiceless_katWell Known MemberMember

Wa-hoo -- I knew my boy Dunn was more than a pretty face!!!! That would be soooooooooooooooooo wonderful to get one of his babies.

Now I think I have to go put my Dunn tank top on and have a glass of winde to celebrate.

Aren't you the good secret keeper, M'am??? One wonders what you get up to out there under the Phoenix sun??!!

Well done, Karen...it is such a miracle for all of us to follow and feel like we are a part of!! I know how busy this is keeping you, so many thanks again for taking the time to share!!

Val:;tg

PS: Dunn, I send you a big finny fishy kissy face kiss!!

7. MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

I thought I'd update on my Betta babies....

Everything has been going wonderful...The babies are all growing and Grandma (me) is wore out lol...I have about 75 live fry from Shannon my Butterfly girl.. The DunnXDragon lady litter is too small to say just yet...

I'd love to share photos but.....:;tea As I was trying to get that perfect close up of my fattest baby I realized my lense was in the water! Shoot shoot shoot lol...I need stronger glasses I suppose...

Anyway, all the kids are thriving and this has been one heck of an experience...Steve calls it the Neonatal ward lol...

I'm planning on spawning my blue pair next...I tried once but she didn't like him so they will try again next week....

Here is the male...

Attached Files:

8. pamdWell Known MemberMember

Yikes! :;bmu :eek: I hope your lens will be okay once it dries out and am eager to see pics of the first-spawn darlings! Are they showing colors yet?

I LOVE Blue Boy!

9. MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

Pam...Can't see colors yet because they are still in the spawn tank...Once I move them into the grow out tank I'll know more about colors...I'm expecting Lavendar/pink butterfly patterns on the fry considering they are sibblings...

Camera...Hummmm Well, I think it is time for a new one lol....

10. MinxMermaidWell Known MemberMember

:;laughingthese are the perils of the old woman in the shoe:;tg

ooooo that blue boy is HANDSOME!!!

11. AllieFishlore VIPMember

Love the blue guy. Ooopsy on the camera lens. LOL I hope I don't do that to my camera.

12. MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

I was finally able to get some shots of the 1st butterfly spawn today...They are 20 days old....They are finally big enough to see without glasses.....Geeeeeeeze lol......

Here are a few of my pride and joys.......One of the boys is going to Rose (Chickadee) I'm sure she will be very pleased with him.....

I'm in LOVE with my babies!

Attached Files:

13. ShaynaBWell Known MemberMember

Oh they're SOOOOO CUTE!

I love fry in general but betta fry just take the cake!

You're doing such a good job with them!! They're wonderful!

14. LucyModeratorModerator Member

Oh my goodness they're adorable! I bet Rose is going to be so pleased. I can't think of anyone would give him a better home. :)

15. agsansooWell Known MemberMember

Wow, they look awesome ! :;balloons Keep the pictures coming !

16. MissMTSFishlore VIPMember

Wow, they have grown so much! Congrats on your babies :) They seem to be doing so well.

You sucessfully spawned a second pair??? How did I miss that?! Congrats. You sure have your work cut out for you lady, lol ;)

17. ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

great job!! those babies are adorable! cant wait to see them all colored up ;)

18. MinxMermaidWell Known MemberMember

so, so so CUTE!!!! i just wanna smooch em all!!!

19. pinkfloydpufferFishlore VIPMember

Aw, they're soooooooooooo cute!!!

20. DarleneWell Known MemberMember

They are so adorable! You are doing a great job with them. Congrats again.