my 1st reef tank so far.

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by snuggs86, Apr 15, 2010.

1. snuggs86Valued MemberMember

First reef tank so far. contains 10kg of fiji live rock at moment hoping to get at least another 10kg tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ryanr

ryanrModeratorModerator Member

nice.... very jealous..... oohhh and welcome to fishlore :;hi2

3. ATP

ATPWell Known MemberMember

nice

what kind of ligthing, sump, skimmer, waterflow (pumps), etc. Also, what kind of tank and what's the size?.

What's your stocking list?

4. OP
    OP
    s

snuggs86Valued MemberMember

I ve just pulled this info off the aqua one website. Its everything i know about my tank lol.

Protein skimmer = Aqua One AT80 1200L/hr
    Lighting = Lighting T5 Triphosphor 7100k 2x 24w
    Lighting T8 Marine Blue 2000k 1x15w and 1x20w
    Dimensions =50x82x65cm
    with the filtration set in the rear of the tank.

this is the website its has all the information bout the tank on it:  

I am hoping to stock

2 x clowns
    2 x firefish
    goby (not sure which)
    maybe a flame angel if i can.

5. ViridiosExotics

ViridiosExoticsValued MemberMember

Very nice and welcome to fishlore!

6. OP
    OP
    s

i brought more LR today only 9kg tho. so there is now 19kg in my tank. Will be putting more pics up later on today. :)

7. OP
    OP
    s

have added another 9kg off live rock so taking the total up to 19kg now. its starting to look a lot more interesting and as i get excited so easily i am looking at the tank pretty much 24/7 and seeing new things all the time. My partner is starting to get a little annoyed now when i shout for him to come look at this lol. But i am loving it and so far there has ben no real complications or problems. You guys have helped out alot and i am thankful for all your help.
    The tank is the aqua reef 200 from aquaone. Its 200litres with a 60 litre in the back where my skimmer and filtration is. I have 2 x 24w T5 lights, 1 x 15w T8 and 1 x 20w T8 light.
    It is 50x82x65cm.

As for stock i am a little undecided but this is what i thinking at the min:

2x ocellis clowns
    2/3 firefish
    flame angel (maybe)
    goby (not sure which and amount)

Any suggestions are welcome though.

Anyway here are some up to date pics with all the new rock in.

566.jpg
    568.jpg

And this is my skimmer, not sure if this is what its suppose to look like, so would really appreciate your feedback on this one.

570.jpg
    572.jpg

8. OP
    OP
    s

hey another 2.5 kg of LR gone in the tank today. Skimmer seems to be working fine now although does seem to be getting more water in the collection cup again.

9. Jrobber

JrobberWell Known MemberMember

Good looking start. I don't know anything about reef tanks so good luck. And welcome to Fishlore!

10. andimthejr

andimthejrNew MemberMember

might wanna add a live sand bed thatll help cycle also

11. OP
    OP
    s

yer i have a live reef sand bed now. 2inchs deep. just not had time to put the pics up yet. also added another 2.5kg of live rock yesterday. looking at adding clean up crew next next week if all is ok. As of the water tests today all is going fine. Although i did expect a spike in nitrates and nitries but nothing yet its all still 0.

12. agsansoo

agsansooWell Known MemberMember

Looks like your off to a great start. I liked the bare bottom better. I'm not a big fan of sand, unless it's under 1" deep. Can't wait to see more photos ! :D

13. lanlesneeWell Known MemberMember

I have mixed feelings about sand. Mine was bare bottom, but I put sand on the front half.

Can't wait to see the new pictures. It's looking good.

14. OP
    OP
    s

yer my sand is just at the front. looks better with the sand in there. I also got my first coral and clowns yesterday. will get pics up soon.

15. OP
    OP
    s

few pictures of my tank and new fishes and coral.

34.jpg
    35.jpg
    35.jpg
    36.jpg
    37.jpg
    38.jpg

16. ATP

really nice. Your live rock has nice colors.

17. OP
    OP
    s

thanks. i have a small problem with green hair algae at the min. trying to get it under control.

18. ATP

how bad is it?

19. OP
    OP
    s

its on the top of 2 the live rocks. doesnt seem to be growing anywhere else from what i can. it is quite long though.

20. OP
    OP
    s

heres some picks of the clowns which i ve decided to called pebbles and bambam :)
    50.jpg
    51.jpg
    52.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice