20 Gallon Tank My 1st Female Betta Sorority Diary / Photos

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
This will be a continual diary and photo "ledger-thread" of my Female Betta Sorority. So far so good, and there is much less nipping than I thought there would be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meeps83

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
How big is their tank? Are they all pet store bettas or did you order them from a breeder?

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I hope it works well! I love bettas and would love to have a sorority but not sure I'm willing to risk it. Keep us posted!

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It's a 20 Gallon tank. I have 8, I think. I think 2-3 were hiding when I took the photos.

Overall, so far, they're doing very well. In fact, I watch the tank extremely close, and no nipping (that I've seen) has occurred today.

On the scenario of pet store bettas, yes. But, not a chain. A family owned shop who doesn't believe in cupped bettas.

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
I wish you well with your endeavor; however, there is definite signs that things are not going as well as you believe. Those bettas with stripes are under extreme stress. And if the cause of their stress isn't eliminated they may not survive for long.

Some bettas simply have a low tollerance and are affected more easily.

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The stripes were on them from the get go. Not from being in the "Sorority" tank. Thanks for the information, though.

soltarianknight

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The stripes should have disappeared, they remain because of the sorority or some other stressor. Give them a week though to calm down, if they persist after that then there may be a problem. So far, it looks to be going ok. It isn't the first few days you need to be wary of, it's more the days after when they settle in and start realizing who's who and where they are and so on. The tank looks great btw.

AlexAlex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Soltarian. I do understand as time goes by it can become more tedious. I'm all aware of the makes and brakes that can become. I keep a close eye on them quite often.

I was prepared to get some disagreements and some that support. Either way, I wouldn't ever let any fish of any kind in my house get too stressed. If I sense or see any kind of ongoing issue, they will be removed from the sorority setting.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom