My 140 gallong freshwater

TiffanyLuv
Here's my Pride & Joys

COBettaCouple
;D sweet tank!

TiffanyLuv
;D sweet tank!
Thank You....I've always loved looking into their world. It took me years to finally get to this size,,my first was a 30 gal show tank and so on and so forth until about 5 yrs ago when I FINALLY got this one. I was only going for a 100 gal, but got an awesome price on this custom made (actually 138gal) that the buyer decided they didn't want but still had to pay for it (custom and all) so the shop sold it to me for $300. SWEET acrylic,,brand new at a fraction of the cost. It sure does pay to look for what you want without a time frame

COBettaCouple
that's a great pickup.. we have mostly small tanks, our newest pickup was a 29 gallon tank & stand a friend was wanting to get rid of.. he thought it was 30g, but filling it up after our move, I think it's 29g. it's still empty waiting for fish.. I love that tank, hope we get one like that someday.

bhcaaron
Thank You....I've always loved looking into their world. It took me years to finally get to this size,,my first was a 30 gal show tank and so on and so forth until about 5 yrs ago when I FINALLY got this one. I was only going for a 100 gal, but got an awesome price on this custom made (actually 138gal) that the buyer decided they didn't want but still had to pay for it (custom and all) so the shop sold it to me for $300. SWEET acrylic,,brand new at a fraction of the cost. It sure does pay to look for what you want without a time frame

That so sucks that there is not anything like that here in the area! I so wish I could find something like that! (and are we looking into their world or they into ours?lol)

Franciscus
HI Tiffany,
What a set up ! Fantastic ! It must give you lots of pleasure (-:
Everything takes time, and waiting for it, is a pleasure in its own.

Cheers,

Franciscus.

TiffanyLuv
Thank you,,it truly does. Some fish just do their own gig (my silver Dollars are just breeding all the time, I'm getting a little worried though (2) males (1) female I hope they leave her alone soon) But some fish you really seem to connect with. My Birchir (now that I know what he is ) comes up to the front of the tank to see me,,I knew he didn't have good eyesight before I read about them 'cause he would have to come all the way up to the glass(acrylic) to look at me. He's a neat fish, I'm glad I got him,,Now I'm working on making his life better. I'm thinking about real plants which is going to be a task 'cause silver dollars are known to eat plants. And I'm very leary of putting fertilizers in the tank. Gonna think on that one. MY Birchir doesn't fit the profile, he's a very active swimmer during the day and loves laying on the bubblers which are all the way across the back of the tank. My tank is pretty self sufficient. I change the filter pads (2 overflow filters) every (3) mos. Change the canister filter twice a year and vacuum about 40 gal out every 4-6 mos, plus water loss about 5-10 gal a week depending on heat here. AS long as I don't introduce new fish I don't have any problems and I won't be putting the directly into the tank anymore (learned my lesson last time).Prior to about 6 mos ago I had all the same fish for about 5+ years. They were in a 60 gal until I got the 140. MY goodness time Flies!

bhcaaron
So I've Google'd the Bichir... That would be one scarry fish to have!

TiffanyLuv
So I've Google'd the Bichir... That would be one scarry fish to have!
You think so,,I love the guy, he's not quite what they say,,mine is a very active swimmer and is really docile, however no one is small in my tank...well my khulis may look like worms to him but even they are pretty big (4" or so) Every one else is way too big for him. He basically just cleans up the fall off of blood worms from the cubes the rainbows and silver dollars munch on. My peacock eel is more aggressive,,she'll pull a chunk of bloodworms right out of the silver dollars mouth and jet into the sunken ship to eat. The birchir hasn't grown very fast at all,,I'm more worried about the (thnx for the ID Tom) iridescent shark,,now He's Getting BIG

bhcaaron
Just yesterday when I went to put a deposit on the 145G, I got to see an arowana they had in another tank. They lady offers money to whom ever dares to stick their hand in there lol. I could've used it as a discount I suppose, but, I'm not THAT need just yet! lol

TiffanyLuv
Just yesterday when I went to put a deposit on the 145G, I got to see an arowana they had in another tank. They lady offers money to whom ever dares to stick their hand in there lol. I could've used it as a discount I suppose, but, I'm not THAT need just yet! lol
OMG.....I think I would have done the same...HMMMM a finger for a discount ...NAW thnx anyway...LOL. Here in Sue Happy California someone would ahve done it then sued the owner....
Oh,,,quick question..how did I go from "fish newbie" to "fish bum"? I just noticed the change.

bhcaaron
It will continue to change based on the amount of posts you've made.

TiffanyLuv
It will continue to change based on the amount of posts you've made.
Oh,,then gee I ought to be climbing up the ladder pretty quick..LOL..I've gone onto other fish forum sites, but saw the sincerety in everyone here and chose this one to stay in..Hope nobody minds...snicker snicker

bhcaaron
LoL, I haven't read of anyone minding. Some will state what other forums they frequent. I actually bumped into this forum while playing FishTycoon. I hadn't thought about this hobby in a while. I've wanted to start one up in the past and have just never done it. Once I saw this forum and started reading I got bit by the bug. And now I am here every day and on-line researching and buying books. There is SOO much more I want to read. Its almost scary to thing I might soon be starting one up!

TiffanyLuv
LoL, I haven't read of anyone minding. Some will state what other forums they frequent. I actually bumped into this forum while playing FishTycoon. I hadn't thought about this hobby in a while. I've wanted to start one up in the past and have just never done it. Once I saw this forum and started reading I got bit by the bug. And now I am here every day and on-line researching and buying books. There is SOO much more I want to read. Its almost scary to thing I might soon be starting one up!
I just got the trial for fish tycoon..LOl...haven't played it yet, but it looks fun, I don't play games on the 'puter much,,but have an X-Box 360 that I LOVE...of course started with original play station,,play station II ETC

bhcaaron
Growing up I was so addicted to those games. I was afraid to even buy one. Till this day I've never owned one. Just rented them or played at friends' houses. I do have a few computer games. I enjoy the real time strategy games.

TiffanyLuv
Growing up I was so addicted to those games. I was afraid to even buy one. Till this day I've never owned one. Just rented them or played at friends' houses. I do have a few computer games. I enjoy the real time strategy games.
That's my gig too...the hunt and find or puzzle solving..Really got hooked with the original tomb raider and have played them all. The new thing is the (I call it reality games) where you have to talk to everybody,,I don't like or play those,,I feel I deal with enough reality...give me a good puzzle and awesome graphics and I'm hooked

bhcaaron
Haha, I know what you mean. That's why I love TV (though you wouldn't think that since I don't watch much of it anymore). I love the Idea of having TV just solve all world problems or even stop the end of the world in under thirty minutes. Much better than working on the same pile of paperwork for weeks at a time lol

COBettaCouple
lol, i'm hooked on RPGs.. particularly final fantasy and kingdome hearts.. lots of hunting/finding and puzzle solving in there.. and after a long day, it's nice to get medival on lots of bad guys. ;D

That's my gig too...the hunt and find or puzzle solving..Really got hooked with the original tomb raider and have played them all. The new thing is the (I call it reality games) where you have to talk to everybody,,I don't like or play those,,I feel I deal with enough reality...give me a good puzzle and awesome graphics and I'm hooked

TiffanyLuv
lol, i'm hooked on RPGs.. particularly final fantasy and kingdome hearts.. lots of hunting/finding and puzzle solving in there.. and after a long day, it's nice to get medival on lots of bad guys. ;D
What's RPGs...they talkie ones?. If so I can totally understand,,everyone has there own think they like to do...otherwise it would be a boring world! I Robots...LOL

reef freak
What's RPGs...they talkie ones?. If so I can totally understand,,everyone has there own think they like to do...otherwise it would be a boring world! I Robots...LOL

RPG=Role Playing Game, like World of War craft or Runescape. Used to play runescape, its dumb though. too boring

sweet tank, now you gotta convert to SW!> lol

I have a 90ga Saltwater tank, trust me, if you do SW, you'll LOVE it it! hehe...

Nice tank anyway, I'm not a big fan of Freshwater though....

TiffanyLuv
I've done some hard thinking about SW,,I helped a friend set-up a 100gal Saltwater tank,,,we put the live rocks inthere first and I was enthralled just by watching all the things grown on them...It's a definite possibility for the future...I'm not starting any new projects re:moving in a year,,but after I find out how much room we have in the new pad and the weather,,,it'll prob. happen. I love salt water too. When I was about 14 (2 yrs after starting Freshwater tanks) I use to always watch this hawk fish at the LFS..he was so cute...I've always wanted (1) since.

TiffanyLuv
HI CoBettaCouple:
Ive posted a question in FreshWater Beginners and was hoping you could take a look and give some input. Obviously you're into the bettas (guess how I could tell LOL) and I hope you might let me know your take on the subject..Thnx a bunch and I sincerely apologize for my Peeps corrupting your world,,,,one driver at a time LOL "If we're not laughing, we might very well be crying"

COBettaCouple
no prob.. yea, we have the betta bug.

TiffanyLuv
Here's my loney Betta.....He never use to sulk around w/his finns all tucked in. He use to have them flared and constantly making his bubble nests. Not anymore, I'm really struggling as far as putting him in the Big tank. I bought a book on Bettas but most of the info is about breeding and a lot of it doesn't jive w/info I've seen here (maybe outdated, didn't look at publish date)

bhcaaron
Wow! Purdy fishie!

TiffanyLuv
Wow! Purdy fishie!
Hi....I'm now hooked on Fish Tycoon..but all my fry keep dying and I can't buy upgraded enviroment.......

bhcaaron
Yeah, I know. I got hooked too. I bought it so I could by all that other stuff. Played it like two hours, then it was old news lol.

COBettaCouple
lol, I guess I should be glad I don't have it.

Hi....I'm now hooked on Fish Tycoon..but all my fry keep dying and I can't buy upgraded enviroment.......

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
McFly
Replies
Views
LWormy
Replies
Views
PrajjwalR
Replies
Views