My 10 Gallon tank

1. sgh360 Member Member

i took a front, right and left pictures of my tank sry for the pic quality took the pics from my phone:-\ tell me what you think. 5 neon tetras alwasy hide when light is on. 3 dainos. 1 guppie and cory cat fish

Attached Files:

2. jana Member Member

Your tank looks great sgh360! :)
    Sorry but just checked your aquarium info and you din mention anything about The Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle. Check the link it'll be helpful. :;hi1

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Sgh. Welcome to Fish Lore :sign0016:Your tank looks great! Thanks for sharing the photos!
    Ken:animal0028:

4. lorabell Well Known Member Member

hey there and welcome!!!!! great pics!!!!!

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore :)
    Very cute tank!

6. MNfishMama Initiate Member

I love your stump hideout!

7. Kenzo Initiate Member

Hi,
    I see you have 2 schoolfishes, I think it should be better that you have only 1 school, but more of them.

And I only see plastic plants, they are nice, but you need real plants to keep the tank healthy.
    Fishes produce Ammonium, after some reactions it become nitrate (NO3-) and it are the plants who use the nitrate to grow.
    Sow if you don't want any problems, just buy some plants who grows fast (cabomba is very good) or you have to refresh every week 25% of your tank.

8. ctclee Member Member

Good looking tank :)

How much gravel did you add ?

9. soccermatt Member Member

your tank looks great, your neon tetra's sure are good hiders.

10. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Wonderful looking tank! :D

Plants will only use a tiny amount of the nitrates and in my opinion they are not needed to keep a tank healthy. Also you should be changing around 20-25% of your water once a week wether oyu have live plants or not.

11. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Wonderful looking tank! :D

Plants will only use a tiny amount of the nitrates and in my opinion they are not needed to keep a tank healthy. Also you should be changing around 20-25% of your water once a week whether you have live plants or not.

12. vtyou Initiate Member

I love that black/white plant! Where did you get it?

-Vincent

13. sgh360 Member Member

14. konstargirl Well Known Member Member

I have artifical plants and my fish are doing just find.

Anyway, nice tank and well planted too. =D I'm going to get more artificial plants because my tank looks bigger than I thought.

15. ctclee Member Member

I'm new to this and I have all real plants but it seams that with either way the same mainanance is required except with fake ones you get less snails and you may have to clean your plants :) correct me if i'm wrong :)

16. stanman Initiate Member

cool tank. I like the stump:)

17. jarrod Member Member

totally, i baught a real plant today, and it was covered in mts snails, i shook them over the sink to get as many as i could out..

and guess what fell out?

a large zebra snail that i didnt even know was there..lol its about 1/2-5/8 of an inch around..lol