My 10 gallon Betta Tank

Walk3r1

Reaction score
I moved my betta Brutus into 10 gallon tankfor a 3.5. It is large, which I have seen people say it big for 1 betta only.
Tell me what you think, and any ideas or advice.

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My only suggestion is to switch to silk plants if you start to notice fins ripping :) since you cant do live plants

Otherwise it looks really cozy for him!

Walk3r1

Reaction score
MissNoodle said:
My only suggestion is to switch to silk plants if you start to notice fins ripping :) since you cant do live plants

Otherwise it looks really cozy for him!

I have not seen any tips yet, I am keeping a close eye out for them. He seems pretty very happy. He was very nervous at first, but now he is so curious about every little thing.

I tried to give him some places to relax in, and an open area to let loose and swim if he wants, and he does. He used to only swim around the edges, now he is all over the place.

LinDaq

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a 10 gallon.. 1 betta, and 3 african dwarf frogs.. they're sooo little. The betta's love to swim around, checking everything out..
They like tannins! Almond leaves or mopani wood... turns the water a slight discolored yellow, but I get bubble nests every night! Yay! Happy Betta.

SuperCooper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think that is a great size for 1 betta!! Although I am pretty new to fish keeping my experience has always been that my bettas are far more active and happier in a larger tank. One is in a 60L / I think that is 15.85 gallons and the other is in a 75L /19.81 gallons. I did quarantine them first in 15L tanks / I think 3.9 gallons and they were far less active. The move to larger tanks saw a big change in their behaviour and personalities! Hence, I don't think i could ever keep a Betta in anything smaller than 60L unless it was temporary - just my personal choice! I think your little guy looks very happy in his new and larger home :D

Walk3r1

Reaction score
Oh I agree! I had a 3.5 gallon, and he seemed to be excited at first. Going from a little cup I could tell he was scared st first, then explored, but then did a lot of window surfing. I could tell he was wanting more. I wanted a 5 gallon, but found a 10 gallon for cheap. At first I did not have much in it, and he seemed freaked out, but as soon as I got more and more stuff, flys around it and seems very happy and entertained. He constantly explores. When I clean his gravel, I put him in the 3.5 gallon and he hates it, and literally flys into the glass and dives fast to the bottom. So hard I swear he knocked himself 1 day. Now I put him in the little cup he came in, with his moss ball and he seems a lot more calm, and I think used to the routine.
When he is in the cup, he just stares at me, as soon as I walk away, he gets mad and trying to get out lol.

I never thought a betta would be so much fun.

SuperCooper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Walk3r1 said:
Oh I agree! I had a 3.5 gallon, and he seemed to be excited at first. Going from a little cup I could tell he was scared st first, then explored, but then did a lot of window surfing. I could tell he was wanting more. I wanted a 5 gallon, but found a 10 gallon for cheap. At first I did not have much in it, and he seemed freaked out, but as soon as I got more and more stuff, flys around it and seems very happy and entertained. He constantly explores. When I clean his gravel, I put him in the 3.5 gallon and he hates it, and literally flys into the glass and dives fast to the bottom. So hard I swear he knocked himself 1 day. Now I put him in the little cup he came in, with his moss ball and he seems a lot more calm, and I think used to the routine.
When he is in the cup, he just stares at me, as soon as I walk away, he gets mad and trying to get out lol.

I never thought a betta would be so much fun.
Haha how sweet! Your betta sounds like he has a big personality like mine do! They are so cute with their feisty nature :p have you ever tried cleaning his tank with him still in there? I gravel vac my tanks twice a week and neither seen very phased, if anything, they are super interested and often try to eat the particles traveling up through the siphon haha. As your tank is larger, he also can swim to the other side/ another area in the tank if it bothers him too!

elisa001

Valued Member
Reaction score
Personally I think 10 gallons is great for a betta. Even though in the USA we generally say 2.5 is the minimum other countries like Germany set their minimum at 10 gallons. Regardless if you agree with that or not, you can not have a tank that’s too big.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom