My 10 Gallon and 5 Gallon Crab Tank! YAY!

1. RoboDude Member Member

Hehehe . . . don't mind the fact that my camera is blurry . . . it sucks, I know!!!

2. RoboDude Member Member

One sec . . .

3. RoboDude Member Member

. . . it won't work! Even when I try posting only one pic at a time, it says it's too large. Can anyone help?

4. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

I think someone said something about being able to convert images on www.photobucket.com

NOT SURE, tho -- i have never used it ;)

5. RoboDude Member Member

Thanks, EmpPleco, but it seems that you need to become a member . . . I already have too many accounts on different sites, and anyways, this will probably be the only time I'll ever even be using it! Any other suggestions?

6. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

oh ok. sorry. i usually just sign up for those things and then forget bout em

7. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

lol ;D

8. RoboDude Member Member

HEHEHE . . . GOOD IDEA!!! ;D LOL!!! I'll try, ok!

9. RoboDude Member Member

IT STILL WON'T WORK!!! WHY ARE YOU FAILING ME, WRETCHED MACHINES, WHY??????!!!!!! :mad: :'( :( :p

10. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Heres Robodudes pictures ;) I have a secret shrinking ray gun. turn it on the pictures and voila' shrunk and done ;D
    Carol

Attached Files:

11. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

is the blueish plasic hermit crab tank a marina "betta" kit?
    edit: are they hermit crabs or...?

12. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

i didnt know you can have fiddler crabs in a 5 gallon tank will they stay in there or do you have to upgrade

13. RoboDude Member Member

Thanks, Butterfly! Emma, actually, I'm not sure if it is a Betta Kit or not. It came from my friend, who used to have newts. Yes, they are Fiddler Crabs. ATM, they will not have to be upgraded. 5 gallons is enough for 2 Fiddler CRabs, because at full growth, they will only grow about two inches around. (So basically about 1 inch long)

14. RoboDude Member Member

By the way, I already know that my 2 Silver Dollars are WAY too big for my tank. When they become huge, I will have to sell them to my friend, who has a 60 gallon. :'(

15. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

really thats pretty sweet robodued what do they eat and is the maintence hard

16. RoboDude Member Member

Well, actually, it's pretty easy. All I actually had to pay for was the gravel, food, and the crabs themself. I gathered together some rocks and shells I found on the beach, and I got my tank off a friend, like I said. I feed them HBH Crab and Lobster Bites. When it comes to maintenance, all that is required is that you clean their tank every week - a week and a half. ;) This hobby of keeping Fiddler Crabs is easier than I expected it would!

17. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

what do you do in cleaning it though can you describe what you actually do

18. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

NICE :)

19. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

?

you have inspired me Robodude i now want fiddler crabs and am doing research right now but how do you clean your tank

20. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

you do know theiy like a half and half set up with half land and half water so maybe if you bought more gravel and piled it up on one of the sidesĀ  with a slanted side so they can get up and out they would lilke it better not sure just doing a lot more research

you do know they like to be near water but not completely submerged in it and like to be in brackish water