Mustard Gas Hm Rosetail Betta

1. Little fry babies

Little fry babies Valued Member Member

My husband bought me a betta and it was labeled as mustard gas rosetail halfmoon male. Is this a mustard gas betta?? Just want your opinions. My husband is so sweet for buying the betta and i think he is beautiful. just want opinions .Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

2. Ethan Murray

Ethan Murray New Member Member

Hello there,

I'm not an expert on Bettas but this one looks like a Half Moon betta. Hopes this helps! :)

3. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

Hello :) thank you and welcome to the forum!

4. Ethan Murray

Thank you :)

5. Dch48

Dch48 Well Known Member Member

Mustard gas just refers to the yellow color in the fins. I would say it is definitely one of them

6. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

@Dch48 thank you. :) i am super excited and cannot wait to get him.

7. Dch48

You don't have him yet? Was he ordered online?

8. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

Yes, he was purchased online.

9. Ethan Murray

I would definitely QT him before you put him in your display tank, or atleast treat him first.

10. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

My husband bought him from a breeder in another state .But i will definitely be qt him for two weeks.

11. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Mustard gas is a very specific type, what you have is close enough to it for breeders to consider it to be a mustard gas, but a mustard gas has a blue to green body and light orange to yellow with a thick black or blue edging to all fins. Yours has a black base body with blue over it in the scales, the fins are a little two dark, he would be considered just a bi-color. Mustards are pretty much butterfly color pattern, however it is also just a color name that has been muddied and taken by just about every breeder to try and sell the fish.

12. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

I would consider this to be a chocolate rather than mustard gas. But thats me.

Going from the post above, the original mustard gas line is pretty much 'lost':
    What is a "Mustard Gas"?

13. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

Thank you @aussieJJDude i have researxhed about jude als and i know this isnt an original mg but one has to womder if the guy is still out there some where .Its so sad what happened to him and i honestly am angered by it .I feel for the guy .As much i love the name mustard gas i know they arent his line. I hope one day he gets bacj into it and takes his name (betta) back . but makes you wonder if he is still out there breeding.

14. Dch48

Whatever he is , he's beautiful and better looking than the "true" Mustard Gas in my opinion.

15. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

Aww thank you. The seller has amazing bettas .Yeah it would still be amazing to have one of judes though. but i love the betta i am getting .

16. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

What seller is it? I might have to check out their bettas :)

17. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

I just look on ebay at what each seller has. They all have gorgeous fish. I don't know this persons username but I'll find out.

18. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

19. OP
    OP
    Little fry babies

The name is called sheltiecolor or something like that. Lol.

20. ajoyfulbettta

ajoyfulbettta Valued Member Member

so pretty!!! love the yellow