Question Musk turtles online?

AJ34

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think I may want to get another turtle. Most likely a musk turtle. Thing is the pet stores around here don’t really carry turtles and if they do they are usually sliders or painted. I really enjoy my painted (he’s pretty friendly) but looking to go with a smaller turtle. I was wondering if anyone has experience buying turtles/reptiles online? Other than going to a reptile expo I don’t know where I could find one of these guys!

mimo91088

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It's hard to find musk's sometimes, it's illegal to sell turtles under 4 inches, which the adults often are. But a lot of sites will "adopt" you out a baby for a fee lol. Try kingsnake classifieds. It's the aquabid of reptiles

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
I loved my musk turtle. Great little turtle. I got it years ago but I don’t even remember where I got it from.

OP
AJ34

AJ34

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think I’m going to try online when the weather warms up !

Also there may be some reptile shows I could look for them at if my work schedule allows. I really want one though, thanks for everyone’s replies !

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
Not saying you won’t but I haven’t seen any at reptile shows. NYS has a bunch of stupid regulations and they are native to NYS so they are illegal as pets so hopefully you have better luck.

OP
AJ34

AJ34

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm in Wisconsin we have some really relaxed laws/regulation in regards to keeping animals as pets and drinking :) I know there are a few shows however whether or not they would have musks that's another question!

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
AJ34 said:
I'm in Wisconsin we have some really relaxed laws/regulation in regards to keeping animals as pets and drinking :) I know there are a few shows however whether or not they would have musks that's another question!
Good luck.

New Threads