murky water

smillermom

I have a 20 extra high, basically 2 10 gallon tanks on top of each other. All of a sudden the water is looking murky. It has been fine for the last 6 months. Should I add an airstone for water flow? Love some advice!

Joep606

Don't take my word for it, as I am still relatively new, but the same thing happened to me a few weeks back. I did a water change, and the next day the water cleared up. You might want to try the same.

smillermom

Gunnie

What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels? Have you done some extra special cleaning lately? Have you done anything different recently?

smillermom

No, I haven't and that is what is strange. The only thing I have noticed, I had a new front window put in recently. I have noticed around 5:00 pm the sun hits my tank for about 15 minutes. I did not have a bow window before so maybe this? I am off to the lfs today to pick up an air regulator and stones to run some aeration in the tank and thought i'd make a 50% water change at the same time. We'll see what happens. What do you think of the direct sunlight? I was more worried about algae than anything else. Cannot move the tank, have too many other spots taken up with tanks!

Joep606

Yes, it might be an algae bloom, that's what happened with my tank. :-\

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom