murky and discoloured water

martinsheridan

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hey guys i have a 175ltr marine tank set up i have completed the correct nitrogen cycle which took about 6 weeks to complete i have three fish in my tank 2 clowns and a regal tang which i added about a month apart after the cycle had completed but the water has started to go all murky lookin and the sand has started to discolour. i have also done many 50% water changes in the last couple of weeks which seemed to help keep the water clean for about 12 hours then its back to cloudy discoloured water can anyone plz shed some light onto what might be happening as its causing me stress many thanx sorry i have no pictures as i dont know how to upload them as im computer thick lol thanx again

guthrieb08

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sounds like a bacteria bloom. did you test your water before to make sure the cycle had completed?

martinsheridan

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hey thankyou for getting back in touch with me and my nitrate levels and ammonia levels were all fine and showing they were on the lowest on the colour charts on the test kits and i didnt add any fish for a week and still did the tests which showed the same results but did 25% water changes after adding each fish which the aquarist told me to do. do you think there is anything specific i could do any feed back would be grateful thankyou

martinsheridan

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hey thankyou for getting in touch according to the test kits my ammonia levels were at the lowest and so where the nitrate and i'm using RO water to fill my tank the sand in my tank has changed color and was wondering would it be that causing the problem any feed back would be very much appreciated thankyou

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom