Munchkin

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Red1313, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Here is the freebie girl I got from Ontario. I was told that she was a lavender Cambodian.

I was thinking of pairing her with the Marble Male (after she does some serious growing) what do you think MM?

Attached Files:

2. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Hard to say what you'll get because they are an outcross but she is a cute little girl...

3. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Thanks MM.
    She's the only one I have a history for, great grad father was a BF DT, I'm hoping that she might still be carrying the BF (though I kind of doubt it) as for predictions I can see how that would be tough with an outcross, never mind and outcross involving Marble :p
    What do you think of her form wise? (Don't worry you can't hurt my feelings on this one :p)

4. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I think she is nice....I'd like to see more rays in her caudal though....

5. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

She's beautiful, Red! I'll leave the breeding aspect to our experienced betta breeders, but I adore her coloring!

6. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Hmm good point I'm not sure if she would flare to full HM as she is... I'll see how she grows. I can try her and if nothing else I can always out cross to the green girl instead :p
    Thanks BB :)

7. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

She looks like a golden saint!

8. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Either way, she's a cutie!!

9. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Thanks Lucy :)
    She reminds me of my other girl shimmer :p

10. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

Red, I think she is really cute! The spread in her caudal could be some trouble IF she doesn't end up growing out to have a better spread and IF your male can't compensate..at least from what I have been told. Not to mention there is always room for experimenting and trying to develop your own lines...which is exactly what I am doing. I plan to show in the future, but with my recent health issues and diagnosis (not to mention the constant disasters I seem to have here) I don't think I will start showing til next season. Are you planning to show anytime in the future?

11. OP
    OP
    Red1313

I'd be tempted but there isn't much in the way of shows up here :p
    The BBC is still working on trying to get one up and running but with relatively few numbers stretched out across the country it's pretty tough... don't suppose you know of any shows close to the border eh? lol

12. critter_fritter79

hmmm... i am not exactly sure. I can look on the IBC site and let you know the ones listed this season..as for next, I would have no idea. You might look on the IBC website and see if there isn't a US chapter close to the border. If so, they might be able to help!!

13. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Hmmm... hadn't thought of contacting another club. Thanks for the idea Critter I'll look into it :)

14. critter_fritter79

no problem! I have never used the chinese algea eaters with my fry, but I have had an albino bristlenose in with my 6 week old fry since they hatched and he seems to be working out good...

15. critter_fritter79

oops...I was on the wrong thread!!! That was for my ammonia thread...as for the ideas, the IBC website lists chapters and their locations...

16. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Haha no worries critter :p
    I just checked the IBC and it looks like the closest shows would be in Michigan or California... both just a bit too far away from me for now. Maybe next year I'll see what I can do about it :p I'll just keep working on my lines until then lol.

17. critter_fritter79

sorry for sounding hateful if I did everyone! I didn't mean to come off so grumpy!!

18. OP
    OP
    Red1313

No worries Critter you didn't :p

19. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Lovely little girl! They just get nicer and nicer!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice