Multiple Water Change Per Day For An Aquarium In Cycle With Fish

michelle95

Reaction score
Is it a good idea to do multiple 10-20% water change per day since the ammonia and nitrite levels are in the .5-1ppm level? Like 2-3 changes per day?

grump299

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Water changes can be stressful on the fish I would suggest to do one 50-60% water change and use prime to dose as it detoxifies ammonia/nitrites/nitrates for 24hr as well as a water conditioner

OP
michelle95

michelle95

Reaction score
grump299 said:
Water changes can be stressful on the fish I would suggest to do one 50-60% water change and use prime to dose as it detoxifies ammonia/nitrites/nitrates for 24hr as well as a water conditioner
50-60% change once a day?

grump299

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would do 1 today 50% use prime and recheck ammonia and nitrite levels tomorrow and if still above 1ppm do another one..
Question tank size is it cycled and how long as it been running and stock would help get an idea of what is happening. .

OP
michelle95

michelle95

Reaction score
grump299 said:
I would do 1 today 50% use prime and recheck ammonia and nitrite levels tomorrow and if still above 1ppm do another one..
Question tank size is it cycled and how long as it been running and stock would help get an idea of what is happening. .
It's currently cycling, I swapped over an old filter media but it didn't do any good and unfortunately my betta's in the tank.

grump299

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok I would do water changes as needed test every day and if ammonia is 1ppm or higher do water change if not just dose with prime and check again in 24 hours.

Skavatar

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
small water changes don't remove enough wastes. if using Prime you can do 50% water changes every 2 days.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom