Multiple tanks multiple problems

JazzieGurl

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey everyone

I have 3 tanks with 3 different problems (some might be similar )

So tank 1. 230l set up for many months now, seem to be having problems with algae i think see pics of vallis. Other plants are as well affected, like my and its pinto. I have reduced the hours the light is one and am using a liquid carbon. Just want to check that was the right course of action.

Tank 2. Came to do a water change today and seen these things all over my tank glass. Can't tell if its snails babies (did have a pink ramshorn in there) or something else. I've attached a pic 3rd one down. Also 4th pic is that BBA ? :eek:

Tank 3. This is the most recent set up and think its just diatoms but wanted to check. Pic 5. This is going to be for bn pleco fry to grow out when they big enough to move.

Thank you!!
20200703_213401.jpg
20200703_213407.jpg
20200713_124405.jpg
20200713_124616.jpg
20200713_124715.jpg

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think most of your problems are simply related to having newer set ups.
Look into stocking a smaller variety of Botia Loach. They will keep the population of pest snails down. Maybe invest in some algae eating snails, such as Nerite Snails. Things should get better as your tanks mature.

OP
J

JazzieGurl

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A201 said:
I think most of your problems are simply related to having newer set ups.
Look into stocking a smaller variety of Botia Loach. They will keep the population of pest snails down. Maybe invest in some algae eating snails, such as Nerite Snails. Things should get better as your tanks mature.
Yes I agree it was meant to go this way with these new tanks tbh but hey how that's what happens. I'll look into the loaches and snails cheers !

Bizarrer

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What is in tank 2 looks like some kind of freshwater limpet.

Bizarrer

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have gotten them from live plants before. They don't seem to multiply like pest snails though, at least in my experience.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom