55 Gallon Tank multiple tank maintenance,aquascaping and rehoming

akamel
This is how I feel today-lol. So today I am rehoming 2 JD's from a 55 gal tank that currently reside with 2 red jewel cichlids who are spawning. The JD's are appr. 3-4 in and will be temporarily rehomed in a 30 gallon until my empty 55 is ready for occupancy. The JD's and jewels kept to their own "side" of the tank until yesterday then the male jewel kicked the JD's out of their cave. I am setting up the 30 gal now, using media,water,substrate etc from other cycled tanks. I will also be aquascaping this one along with the jewel tank and another 30 gal. I will also be doing waterchanges to all tanks along with gravel/sand vacs. However I think I will try not to disturb the jewels too much right now and will wait for substrate cleaning later. I have painted the back of 30 gallon a very dark/brown color and using medium to light brown colored gravel that is very fine. Got it at the lake--have washed thoroughly and boiled and boiled! I also got some driftwood and rocks --also washed and boiled. Once I get all of that done, I will continue working on my DIY rock background (idea from virt) on the empty 55. Wish me luck that I get all of this done and everything turns out good!! well-better get started!!

Disc61
Wow, busy day for you Mellie. good luck.

akamel
Thanks! This awesome site is distracting me though!! I gotta get off of here for awhile so I CAN get all of that done--lol

Update: well I didn't get everything done but most of it and then some other things that I hadn't planned on. But rehomed JD's and they are happy!!! Started showing all of their colors within 10 minutes of being moved. After cleaning and re-aquascaping the red jewel tank, they are also very happy. My fish happy=melanie happy!!! Did wc on the Oscar tank and gravel/sand vacs on 4 tanks. So all is good !

Brainlady
I know how you feel, nothing like cleaning tanks, happy fish for making us Fishlorians happy!!

akamel
I know! It's right up there with having a clean house--heck-even better I think !! LOL. I have just begun. Need to finish DIY rock wall backgraound and let it cure for a week. Thinking of changing some more things around a bit and starting a Discus tank!!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom