Multiple Species in One Tank?

CrazedHoosier

I am completely new to shell dwellers, and African cichlids for that matter. Well, I had a krib for a few years, but they are more like SA cichlids in a lot of ways. Anyway, I recently bought 6 lamprologus speciosus, and they’re doing great, but I love having multiple species of fish in my aquariums. I was wondering if I could possibly get a few multies in there, or some other smaller Tanganyikan cichlid. It’s a 20 gallon tall, so I know the space is very limited, and that’s why I wanted to ask before doing anything. They’re just so small, so I feel like I can get more fish in there.

Candace

CrazedHoosier said:
I am completely new to shell dwellers, and African cichlids for that matter. Well, I had a krib for a few years, but they are more like SA cichlids in a lot of ways. Anyway, I recently bought 6 lamprologus speciosus, and they’re doing great, but I love having multiple species of fish in my aquariums. I was wondering if I could possibly get a few multies in there, or some other smaller Tanganyikan cichlid. It’s a 20 gallon tall, so I know the space is very limited, and that’s why I wanted to ask before doing anything. They’re just so small, so I feel like I can get more fish in there.

I would say no. It seems to me that the aquarium is slightly overfull now because these fish are aggressive. There would be too many territorial issues if you try adding anymore fish (even of the same species). Just make sure to keep an eye on things and have a bucket/tank ready in case of aggression and have enough decor/plants for hiding places and to break the line of sight easily

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom