Multiple quote a thread

Shawnie
Hello everyone!

I wanted to share some information to help keep things running smooth!! Although I'm sure the new host will be much better, there's no need to take up space and bandwidth and such when we don't need to...so here's a tip that gets avoided ALLOT and wanted to explain how to multiple quote threads for those that do not know....for those that do and use it , THANK YOU!!!!!!

please use this thread to practice if you wish, but also please make every attempt that you can to use that function to help keep the forum from using up needed resources and space

Thank you!

EDIT For new forum software
Step 1 - To select the posts to quote, press the +Quote button at the lower right of a post. You can do this for multiple posts.

quote.JPG

Step 2 - Press the Insert Quotes Button which is under the reply box

insert-quotes.JPG

You will now have one post, with all the quotes in it.

Shawnie
also, you can break up a long thread if you want to quote a bunch of parts by typing in the html code for it

begins the part of the quote...then
[QUOTE ] or [/QUOTE ] no breaks in between each
ends it so putting those two into a particular sentence, allows you to break up parts of the thread and quote all or parts of a particular thread

Shawnie
your reply goes after EACH {/QUOTE} so you comment here ...each one you quote will have an end [/QUOTE}

Aquarist
Simpler terms:

If you know you need or want to respond to more than 1 member using the Reply with MultiQuote, click the MultiQuote button on every post you want to MultiQuote (except the last post). Then on the last post that you want part of the MultiQuote click the Reply With Quote button.

Try it . It just worked for me.

Ken

aquatic1
Do you happen to know how this would work on tablets? I want to use multiple quotes quite often but am not sure how to do it on my kindle, and I don't have an actual computer.

Edit: I feel so silly, I just figured it out haha. Thanks though, great info

ryanr
HI everyone,
Well, new forum, new techniques....

MultI quoting (on the desktop) is now much easier.

Simply click the "Reply" button on each post you wish to quote, or click one, type your reply, then click the next, and so and so on

ryanr
Friendly reminder everyone.... ooohh and on the desktop, there's now a '+Quote' option.

Momgoose56
Oh. My bad. I finally figured it out... thanks Mods and Shawnie!

Ronniethewitch
Thankyou for this post! I have had difficulty with this for a year!

Mike999
Shawnie said:
Simpler terms:

If you know you need or want to respond to more than 1 member using the Reply with MultiQuote, click the MultiQuote button on every post you want to MultiQuote (except the last post). Then on the last post that you want part of the MultiQuote click the Reply With Quote button.
ryanr said:
Friendly reminder everyone.... ooohh and on the desktop, there's now a '+Quote' option.
Aquarist said:
Try it . It just worked for me.
Insert witty comment

Shawnie said:
You will now have one post, with all the quotes in it.
Insert witty comment x2

Mike
Feel free to practice multi-quotes in this thread if ya like.

SomyaValecha
Mike said:
hi
Mike999 said:
Insert witty comment

Insert witty comment x2
Mike999 said:
Insert witty comment

Insert witty comment x2
Mike said:
Mike said:
Mike999 said:
Insert witty comment

Insert witty comment x2
Mike said:

jkkgron2

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom