Multiple Filters

Discussion in 'Air Pumps' started by Ashy777, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Ashy777

Ashy777New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +4
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    So i have 2 pumps with 6 filters... my question is if possible what is the process off hooking up 3 filters to one air pump? i do understand the pump needs to be strong enough firstly..what comes next?

2. nikm128

nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,152
    Experience:
    5 years
    So let me get this straight; you have 2 air pumps and you want to connect one of your 6 filters to it?

3. Mr. Kgnao

Mr. KgnaoValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +278
    I'd make a couple simple bleeder valves but use them as outputs.

4. Shasta

ShastaValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +14
    So it sounds like you want to hook up 3 filters (I assume sponge filters?) per pump and I’m going to guess each pump is 1 outlet only.

Yes it’s possible, main thing will be that you will have air pressure/power divided in 3 per pump (though I found that if tubes aren’t the same or other stuff it won’t divide the air power eventually)

Mainly you will need:
    -non return valve like for ALL air pumps
    -there are air splitters that you will need 2 half splinters or something that can separate to multiple
    -air control value if you want to control the amount of air power for each

I can add a pic of how I divided 1 outlet for 2 sponge filters and got the other outlet splitter to a sponge filter and control valve so it’s not backing air back to the pump.
    *when I get back to my dorm to take the pic*

**** though I just remember there are also multi air control valves that split for several openings so while I don’t have experience, though should be leave none used closed and choose how much air power per filter. So might be simplier for 3 filters per assumed outlet since the half splitter things I use are convient for 2 filters/item per outlet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018