Multiple Filters

Ashy777

So I have 2 pumps with 6 filters... my question is if possible what is the process off hooking up 3 filters to one air pump? I do understand the pump needs to be strong enough firstly..what comes next?

Shasta

So it sounds like you want to hook up 3 filters (I assume sponge filters?) per pump and I’m going to guess each pump is 1 outlet only.

Yes it’s possible, main thing will be that you will have air pressure/power divided in 3 per pump (though I found that if tubes aren’t the same or other stuff it won’t divide the air power eventually)

Mainly you will need:
-non return valve like for ALL air pumps
-there are air splitters that you will need 2 half splinters or something that can separate to multiple
-air control value if you want to control the amount of air power for each

I can add a pic of how I divided 1 outlet for 2 sponge filters and got the other outlet splitter to a sponge filter and control valve so it’s not backing air back to the pump.
*when I get back to my dorm to take the pic*

**** though I just remember there are also multI air control valves that split for several openings so while I don’t have experience, though should be leave none used closed and choose how much air power per filter. So might be simplier for 3 filters per assumed outlet since the half splitter things I use are convient for 2 filters/item per outlet.

Attachments

New Threads