Multiple diseases in Angelfish 55 gallon

Sheabutter315

Hi guys! I’m hoping someone can give me some pointers or maybe let me know if I’m treating my fish correctly since I’m pretty new to this and not very familiar with medications. I believe my angelfish have hexemita and septicemia.. I am also worried about some other kind of parasite since my cherry barbs and sterbai corydoras flash a lot. I have had my angelfish around 3 months and around 3 weeks ago one stopped eating and started getting some white mucus type stuff on his fins occasionally. Now many of them don’t eat, have stringy white/clear poop and have red outlines which I believe is septicemia...

Tank details:
55 gallons
8 3 inch angelfish
3 1 inch bristlenose
8 cherry barbs
7 sterbai corydoras

Nitrates always around 20, ammonia always shows between 0 and .25, and no nitrites. I do 30% water changes 2-3 times a week and feed them a very mixed diet.

I purchased Prazipro, kanaplex, metroplex, focus and garlic guard. I treated once with prazi and fed medicated food with metroplex for 5 days. The only thing that seems to improve is maybeeee less flashing from the barbs and corydoras but maybe I’m seeing what I want to see... If anyone has any idea what I should treat first and how I should treat it please let me know. Especially the hexemita and septicemia.. I’m not finding many success stories online.

Sheabutter315

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 55 gallons
How long has the tank been running? 3 months
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 80
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.)

8 2-3 inch angelfish
9 cherry barbs
3 1 inch bristlenose
7 sterbai corydoras

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? 2-3x per week
How much of the water do you change? 30-40%
What do you use to treat your water? Prime
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Always vacuum

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? API liquid kit
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 0-.25
Nitrite:
Nitrate: anywhere between 10-20 depending on the day
pH:

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? 2x per day
How much do you feed your fish? Quite a lot, I’m trying to grow the angelfish
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Omega pellets, omega flakes, hikari freeze dried shrimp, omega freeze dried blood worms, hikari frozen bloodworms

Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? Both

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? About 3 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? Maybe a months ago

In a few words, can you explain the symptoms?

Many angelfish have stringy poop and won’t eat. One has really bad red outlines around his body and top fin and two others are starting to get them as well. Cherry barbs and corydoras flash often.

Have you started any treatment for the illness? One dose of prazi pro and 5 days of medicated metro plex
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No

How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all?

The red outlines started a while ago and one started getting skinny about 3 weeks ago with white mucus like stuff on his fins.

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now

Hi guys! I’m hoping someone can give me some pointers or maybe let me know if I’m treating my fish correctly since I’m pretty new to this and not very familiar with medications. I believe my angelfish have hexemita and septicemia.. I am also worried about some other kind of parasite since my cherry barbs and sterbai corydorasflash a lot. I have had my angelfish around 3 months and around 3 weeks ago one stopped eating and started getting some white mucus type stuff on his fins occasionally. Now many of them don’t eat, have stringy white/clear poop and have red outlines which I believe is septicemia...
Please fill out emergency template to help you better.
Just put it below, thank you!

Attachments

• 040AD3C7-E581-47D9-86D6-0324CACAD696.jpeg
    040AD3C7-E581-47D9-86D6-0324CACAD696.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 74CF4E26-3602-40A2-A0EC-30FA994225C9.jpeg
    74CF4E26-3602-40A2-A0EC-30FA994225C9.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views