Multi species breeding project - Page 2

OP
Johnb114

Johnb114

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
CHJ said:
Also take a look at Walmart for the Wardley Shrimp pellets. My wife has been picking them up there for ~3$ a can which is like half the Amazon price.
I was able to find the wardley shrimp pellets at Walmart. Glad you had mentioned it because all my fish love it. The Otos and cories go crazy for it as well the endlers.

OP
Johnb114

Johnb114

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just got back from a 3 week vacation. Had a family member that was feeding my fish while I was gone.

So far the blue velvet shrimp and guppies are reproducing like crazy. No luck with breeding the otos yet. One odd thing is this tank seems to have a green algae bloom. Been doing 25-40% water changes daily to get Rid of it.

As for the 75 gallon pleco and corydora tank. The dominate male had fry in a pleco cave and I believe they were eaten. I Ended up adding a amazon leaf fish to that tank. Help With guppy and shrimp culls as well keeping the baby pleco numbers down.

Heading to my lfs tomorrow after work to order some celestial pearl danios for the 33 long. If they can’t get them I may go with ChilI rasboras.

On a side note I took down my fluval spec tank. Thinking of doing a walstad style tank. If anyone has any articles or personal experience let me know

Attachments

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Embers are a better choice then CPD...
Most CPD come in needing to be treated or slowly waste away .
I feel like I have said this before . Got no reason and only a few to back my claI'm ..

OP
Johnb114

Johnb114

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
coralbandit said:
Embers are a better choice then CPD...
Most CPD come in needing to be treated or slowly waste away .
I feel like I have said this before . Got no reason and only a few to back my claI'm ..
Never kept ember tetras, worth checking out I suppose. I currently have some cpds in my 33 long that have been in there for about 2 years. Any other recommendations? Would need to be safe with fire red Neocaridina shrimp.

OP
Johnb114

Johnb114

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Something worth mentioning is my 33 long is not heated. Stays at about 65-68 in the winter and 72-78 in the summer

OP
Johnb114

Johnb114

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They came to mind before, nice and easy to take care of. Also possible to breed my fire reds and the white clouds in the same tank.

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I LOVE your scapes! The DCS seems really low to the ground. How did you get it that way?

OP
Johnb114

Johnb114

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Amazoniantanklvr said:
I LOVE your scapes! The DCS seems really low to the ground. How did you get it that way?
I believe it was the high lighting that made it grow short and compact. Not 100% sure because it was my first time scaping with that plant. Appreciate the feedback!

New Threads