Multi-quote

1. Zoomo

Zoomo Valued Member Member

I answered people's posts to me before and did reply to message, and was asked to not post consecutive posts like that and to use the multi-quote feature.

I just wanted to say I have tried to use it and cannot get it to work, so I apologize. I do not know which moderator condensed my posts into one but wanted to let that moderator know that I know about multi-quote but I cannot figure out how to make it work.

Again, apologize, but is there a reason why we have to use multi-quote, do more posts use bandwidth or something? Just curious.

I am googling to figure out how to use multi-quote since I am stupid and cannot get it to work, but did try to use it.

2. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

On phone you just highlight the sentence that you want to reply to then hit “reply” and it’ll auto quote for you. I think it just makes the whole thread look neat instead of a bunch of reply scattered around.

Advertisement

3. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

I am on a PC and if I do add to multiquote, only one quote shows up, so I do not know what I am doing wrong.

Advertisement

4. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

@Zoomo, I'm sorry to inform you that Multiquote only works for really cool people!

Just kidding, I'll be following this thread also because I too cannot figure out how to make Multiquote work. But being a mod I can just merge my own back to back posts so I never bothered to ask anyone how it worked.

But maybe @Lucy or @Coradee knows how to make it work (because they are really cool people!)

5. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Haha I’m cool, how cool is that? Lol
    Ok, the way I figured out how to multi quote is to click quote on the first message you want to respond to then click reply, type your response then go to the next person you want to quote, click quote then reply again.... simples... ;)

Edit: forgot to say obviously don’t hit the post reply button until you’re finished quoting

6. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

So this is just a test. Did it work?

A bit fat nope, didn't work.

7. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

Trying again.
    OMG, I think I figured it out. Thanks to Coradee

8. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Yay! :)

9. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

One learns something new every day. Thanks for the help. Hope I remember it next time.

10. jdhef

Thanks Coradee...and yes, you are cool!
    Yes one does, thanks for asking this question @Zoomo

11. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

What Coradee said is one way to do it, however, there's also a button, at least that I can see, that says "+ Quote" right next to the 'reply' button. Click the + Quote button for each post you want to quote. Then when you go down to post a reply, there's a button that appears next to 'insert bookmarks' on the bottom left called 'insert quotes'. Then you click that, and click 'Quote these messages'. It also gives you the option to remove any quote you may not want to quote.
    Just used it for this multi-quote haha.

12. mattgirl

mattgirl Well Known Member Member

I guess I must be one of the cool people :D This is the way I have always done it.

Every once in a while I forget and post back to back posts but do try to keep them to a minimum.

13. jdhef

Come on...was there ever any doubt?

14. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

So how does a blind dingy make it work? Help me Coradee!

15. Gypsy13

Does that give you the option then to answer each quote individually? Or only at the end?

16. Gypsy13

I’m cool now! But. Siri is a royal pain. :eek:

17. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Yes, you can.
    I just did it here. ;)

18. Gypsy13

You’re pretty cool! I’m not sure I can. Listening to Siri read brackets, quote, equals quotation mark blah blah blah bracket gets tiresome once. Lol

19. mattgirl

mattgirl Well Known Member Member

I can imagine how tiresome it can be. Kinda like when I check my cell phone voice mail and it has to give me all the details before I get to hear the message.

In your case when multi quoting you would have to add your reply after each combination of bracket forward slash quote bracket.

I truly am amazed at all you can do without sight. Years ago I belonged to a crochet group. One of the ladies was blind but was able to use something like or maybe even could have been Siri to read the patterns to her. She crocheted by feel instead of by sight. I have some of her work and will forever treasure it. I shared my designs with her for testing and she sent me some of the finished pieces. They are beautifully done.

My passion was designing doilies. Started as a desire to learn how to do it at a very young age. Once I learned how to follow others directions it bloomed into a desire to create my own designs. For a while it became slightly profitable with some of my designs being published and has now gone back to just an occasional picking up of the hook for a small project or an afghan to pass some time during the winter months.

You are as amazing to me as she was.

20. Gypsy13

I love to crochet! And I also love doilies! I would love to try to make your designs. I can’t hold the small hooks long but I’d still love to try. :)

Advertisement