MudHog's Tank

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
it looks great and really pleasing color-wise. that green plant with red spots really draws the eye.

MudHog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
some updated pictures. I've taken the shelves out and moved my plants around since the cleaning last Sunday. The other two pictures are of my Tiger Barbs and Cherry Barbs that are in the tank. Only could get 2 of the 4 cherry barbs together for a group photo.

clear.gif

30.jpg

31.jpg

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
the changes make the tank look bigger, more spacious..

MudHog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
yeah, that it does. I was getting tired of the shelfs falling. Seems after a while in the tank they wouldn't hold up. At first they worked great, but over time they got worse. There's also more plant movement in the tank now w/o the shelves. Every plant moves instead of only a couple as before.

I'm planning to add some more aqua ferns but will add the new ones in a group in the rocks.

new additions as of 8/12/07

(2) Green Barbs

(2) Albino Tiger Barbs

(1) Leporinus Fasciatus

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sounds good, we look forward to new pics

AlisonChristine

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's a lovely tank, the colors and varieties of the plants work really well together.

MudHog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
New pictures in my gallery.

My Leporinus fasciatus is very distinct in color and beautiful. Pictures don't do it justice.

I have some purple quartz that I have been having in the tank. I'm looking to find a new lot of plants and took it out until next water change. Planning on building a cave/planter out of some slate once I can find some. Also planning to build a planter out of some glass, again, once I can find some glass.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
where'd you buy your quartz?

MudHog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
rock collection. Picked it up from your neck of the woods. When I was in grade school we vacationed to CO every year. I have a number of rocks from around CO, NM, UT and AZ. I think a geode (1 open and 1 closed) would be a nice addition, but I'd have to import some into LA as we don't have any rock stores around here.

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dave, how big a piece you looking for?
I have dozens here.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I was thinking of doing something a little different with the 20 gallon that's empty now and going with a dark substrata and things like quartz pieces or geodes, maybe iron pyrite, etc.. those kinds of rocks, at least the ones that won't leech anything or alter ph or kh, etc.

so i'm looking for different sizes really. kind of a "treasure cove" theme.

i'd like to try live plants again in it, since we have more choices here in Denver than back in St. Augustine.

Any advice you have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Dino said:
Dave, how big a piece you looking for?
I have dozens here.

MudHog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
New Additions 11-24-07

(2) Red Glass Barbs

(2) Black Mystery Snail

following morning: I have a mystery mystery snail. Last night I put (2) snails in the tank. Wake up this morning and I can not find one of them. Now I see why they are called mystery snails.

new pictures in my gallery.

King_Snuggles

Valued Member
Reaction score
Wow a very pretty tank.

Wolfgang8810

Well Known Member
Reaction score
looks great! Do the tiger barbs bother the cherrys?

MudHog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
not one bit, they all get along together.

My tiger barbs have picked on the Red Glass Barbs when I first put them in, but they have since gotten along.

new album (Rocks in my 39G Freshwater Tank) with pictures in it. Shows the different rocsks I have in my tank. All but the slag glass are from my personal rock collection over the years and from the CO/NM areas.

metal_fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
im sorry to say this but your Leporinus will quickly out grow your tank they can get over a foot in length i had one that came with a used tank i bought and i had to sell him here is some more information about these odd fish

MudHog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm aware of possible size. When he reaches over grown length, I'll find another home for him.

12/17/07

rearranged everything. I put my big root and log in from my craigslist purchase. Took the small tree trunk, anchor and other rock I had out.

Wolfgang8810

Well Known Member
Reaction score
that looks really cool! i tink you should upgrade your lighting then go full on planted!

MudHog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
stop the madness, trying to do that but it's slow going with a wedding coming up in Feb.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom