MTS

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
So here's a question or two for those of you with multiple tank syndrome:

How do you deal with the waiting while you save for another tank?
Also, is there a way of preventing tanks from tipping over? we live in my parents' basement apartment and my dad is worried that if I get another 55 gal (espescially if I build the stand myself) that my monkeys (3 year old daughter and 1 year old son who both loved to climb and get in trouble) will accidentally tip the tank over and hurt themselves and/or the carpet. How do you prevent that from happening??

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I fill the time between tanks by planning the next one
If the stand is sturdy enough it shouldn't tip over. The metal stands are bad to be shakey so I like the wooden ones. this is a good oportunity to teach the children to respect life in general and to treat "their" fish gently and not scare them. Hope that helped.
carol

Gargoyle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would think you would teach them to not climb on the tanks.

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
Gargoyle said:
I would think you would teach them to not climb on the tanks.
*sigh* If only they'd actually listen to me. In addition to being monkeys, they have the stubbornness of a mule. Just like me. They got their climbing tendencies from their mother, though...

Butterfly said:
I fill the time between tanks by planning the next one Smiley
If the stand is sturdy enough it shouldn't tip over. The metal stands are bad to be shakey so I like the wooden ones. this is a good oportunity to teach the children to respect life in general and to treat "their" fish gently and not scare them. Hope that helped.
carol
That does help. I could just focus more on what I want to put in there, I guess.

Gargoyle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In that case bolt the stand to the wall... ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You could tell them if they climb on the tank that the pirahnas and vampire bettas inside will jump out and eat their ears and bite their bottoms!

We're like Butterfly.. the next tank is always being planned in our minds.

A good stand sounds like the best way to keep the tank from tipping over. between the weight of the glass, water, gravel, decor.. it would be a LOT of weight for small children to pull over off of a solid stand.

hamstermann

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help/advice everyone . can anyone recommend a good stand brand and model?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom