MTS What am I doing ?

ctclee

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
OK ok ok ok ok I have a friend of mine that is into fish too. He found 2 30g's with heaters, lights, filters etc.... and all for a price I cannot afford to pass up!

Oh no should I get this? Is this going to consume my life? (I say this as I sit typing from my desk at work ) Oh man I'm in so much trouble. Lol (at work I'm not in trouble......yet)

platy ben

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Youve caught MTS now, its too late
Just think of the beautiful fish you could stock those tanks with

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yes, you should get them! Babygirl would love some more fish, I'm sure Think of all the Mickey Mouse Platys she could have in a 30 gallon tank

I happy child is a happy parent-I know this from experience.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yay MTS strikes again!

OP
ctclee

ctclee

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ok so this guy on craigslist is now saying that he wants more money. whatever. jerk!

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hang in there, ctclee. I've done many deals through Craigslist. Sometimes you have to sift through the bad people to find the normal people just trying to sell a tank for a fair price.

It definitely gets frustrating, though.

redlessi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hang in there and keep looking. I found some really great deals on craigslist.

It is almost as much of an enable as fishlore for mts.

OP
ctclee

ctclee

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok so I did it and bought a new tank off of craigslist the guy said it was a 40 gallon but its not.

30*12*18 is a 28 Gallon.

just tank and lid, ligh/ballast. Now the light barley turns on so a new bulb is on my list of things to buy. If that isn't the problem then I will probably take the ballast and top to a light shop. Its got to be something simple.

This tank is nice and super huge for what i'm used too

its so tall and pretty deep . lol I just need to wait till I have more funds to start on the rest . I think I want some bright schooling fish and I want to be heavily planted

My buddy is trying to get me to get oscars but... they are huge and I'm not into that yet.....

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats! That's three tanks in how many months? lol
Good thing you nixed the oscar, you'd need a 55 gallon for that.

OP
ctclee

ctclee

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
LOL 3 tanks since early December. Not even 2 months! It sounds really bad when you say it like that... :s

Interesting side note. During me looking for more tanks I thought I had a 10 gallon for my Betta...... I went to purchase one and was shocked at how small it was. I was expecting bigger.

I ran home and used the calc thing on the bottom of the site here. It is apparently a 17 gallon (not a 10) I have my Betta in.

MAN IS HE SPOILED !!!!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ctclee said:
LOL 3 tanks since early December. Not even 2 months! It sounds really bad when you say it like that... :s

ctclee said:
Interesting side note. During me looking for more tanks I thought I had a 10 gallon for my Betta...... I went to purchase one and was shocked at how small it was. I was expecting bigger.

I ran home and used the calc thing on the bottom of the site here. It is apparently a 17 gallon (not a 10) I have my Betta in.

MAN IS HE SPOILED !!!!
Once you have this new to you tank up and running, you can try some cories with your betta. If he accepts them, great! If not you'll have the 30 gallon as back up plan.

OP
ctclee

ctclee

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ok so now I sent out tons of emails looking for a tank and I just got a responce from a guy with an unbelievable offer so I have to go buy ANOTHER TANK .....

this one is 30*12*24 = 38 gallon

I do not know what I am going to do with the last tank I bought now.... probabbly put it back on craigslist( I spent hours cleaning it and making it look brand new)

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A Q tank is a good idea.
Something I found, not everyone is going to get along with each other, even though they're supposed to.
It helps to have an extra tank in case someone needs to be moved.

OP
ctclee

ctclee

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
OK so I found a great deal I bought # tanks and all the accessories for $60 a 25 gallon 15 gallon and a bowfront acrylic 10 gallon ( I think it is)

Now I have too many tanks ! LOL !

My lil girl really wants the bowfront. so I just have to clean it and transfer as much as I can ! Yeah a new project !

New Threads