MTS support group

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Dave125g, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Dave125g

Dave125gFishlore LegendMember

MTS (multiple tank syndrome) . Characterized by an addiction to fish keeping, and obtaining more and more aquariums, followed by more and more fish.Hello I'm Dave,and I have MTS.

2. Big Red

Big RedWell Known MemberMember

Hi dave. Welcome to the MTSA

3. SteveMcNew MemberMember

I always told my wife that in a few years, when we retire to a smaller house (and in theory I have more time..) I will likely get a second tank, third tank, ..

Then this past weekend we saw a 10 gallon at a yard sale for a few dollars. My wife suggested I get it to give our baby livebearers a place to get larger outside the main tank. It's now in my basement. So technically, it's her fault!! :)

4. OP
    OP
    Dave125g

Lol she's an enabler. My wife too I said let's get a 50 gallon, she said we got room for a 75 . A year later we have q 75, a 29, and a 10

5. Big Red

Big RedWell Known MemberMember

Lol yhats what I tell my wife. Quit enabling my addiction. Now I have 150 30 2 20 10 40 and soon 2 55. Now shes sayin why not get a salt water tank. We have to upgrade the 150 next year why not make that the salt. Needle to vein my wife lol I guess I could have worse syndromes. Lol

6. OP
    OP
    Dave125g

I wish I can give you 4 likes on that 1. You got it bad.

7. Ben9375New MemberMember

I'm Ben, I'm afraid I may have MTS.

I have a 75g and a 20g, and a 44g that is currently empty and needs repair to the seals. I also need to stay off Craigslist or there will be something else showing up.

8. scottishduck

scottishduckValued MemberMember

I'm Tyler.

Growing up, we had a fish tank for a while. After years of living on my own (away from my parents, not really alone), I finally got a 29 gallon tank on my birthday in February. Since then I have added a 7.5 gallon tank for shrimp. I have a 10, 55 and 125 (with stand) all waiting in the wings (the 55 and 125 with stand/canopy cost me a total of $120 and both need a reseal). I also need to stay off craigslist, else my wife may be in the market for a divorce lawyer.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  9. OP
    OP
    Dave125g

I wish I had a house made of glass. Aquariums on every wall, ceiling and floor. Use rain water for water changes. Wow what a dream

10. Mskia1972New MemberMember

Hello Dave!!

11. Mskia1972New MemberMember

I too have MTS, I began keeping fish in November with a betta! Now, I have a 5 gallon betta aquarium, 10 gallon baby African Cichlids, 20 gallon blue crayfish with tetras, 46 gallon gouramis, angelicus botia loaches, African Dwarf frogs, rainbows, and fancy guppies, 55 African Cichlids, 110 African Cichlids!!. I need help!! Where are the MTS anonymous meetings held????

12. OP
    OP
    Dave125g

You were just elected president of the club

13. creeden511

creeden511New MemberMember

I think i have a bad case of mts, im 17 and got a second job so i can buy more tanks. I have a 55 a 10 and a 2.5, im in the middle of making room for another 2 tanks,a 20 and a 10.

14. OP
    OP
    Dave125g

Yea you got it bad. If your not careful, by the time your my age you l be doing water changes every day of the week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice